EA fires over 60 staff!

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:36:34 GMT, "Vax" <vaxdogt567spam@msn.com> wrote:

>EA fires over 60 staff!
>
>http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3137918
>
>http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/26/news_6117158.html

From what I heard, this shouldn't be all that important. It's been claimed
to be a common industry tactic of hiring many recruits, and waiting for a
few months. After they wait, they dismiss a large group (e.g. those who
were below par) in a massive lay-off as opposed to having worries about
fired employees wanting to cause problems for a "termination without
cause".

The company is claiming this is to "rebalance the team", meaning that's
it's likely to produce new job openings in the near future.

wrote:

>EA fires over 60 staff!
>
>http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3137918
>
>http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/26/news_6117158.html

I think the bigger news in that story is that Neil Young is their new
General Manager. Hey Hey, My My!