"Stop Relying on Cognitive Science In Game Design - Use Social Science "

Let's see you work a whinge about Steam into *that* one.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:33:15 -0000, "One Punch Mickey"
<fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Stop Relying on Cognitive Science In Game Design - Use Social Science "
>
>Let's see you work a whinge about Steam into *that* one.

If Steam downloads an update to your PC and nobody was there to see
it - did it download ?

Probably the wrong answer /question - its been a while since I
understood this stuff ;-)

--

'What we have here is a failure to communicate'

Thusly Blonks <Blonkster@_NOSTINKINSPAM_ntlworld.com> Spake Unto All:

>>"Stop Relying on Cognitive Science In Game Design - Use Social Science "
>>
>>Let's see you work a whinge about Steam into *that* one.
>
>If Steam downloads an update to your PC and nobody was there to see
>it - did it download ?
>
>Probably the wrong answer /question - its been a while since I
>understood this stuff ;-)

I think the issue (and difool's got issues!) is more along the lines
of:
"If steam downloads a mind-control update to my head and i don't
notice - am i still a poor deluded evil mindless zombie slave of the
evil steam empire bent on world domination and the downfall of western
civilzation STEAM MUST DIE DIE STEAMDIEDIEDIE!!!!"

Or somesuch. I'm pretty sure I got the general gist right.

--
*** One Bastard Less ***
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1496132/20050121/index.jhtml

One Punch Mickey wrote:
> "Stop Relying on Cognitive Science In Game Design - Use Social Science "
>
> Let's see you work a whinge about Steam into *that* one.

Schrodinger's cat's pooh steam? If you check the validity of a steam
update will it inadversely affect the actual bit stream?

schrodinger

"Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> One Punch Mickey wrote:
>> "Stop Relying on Cognitive Science In Game Design - Use Social Science "
>>
>> Let's see you work a whinge about Steam into *that* one.
>>

> Schrodinger's cat's pooh steam? If you check the validity of a steam
> update will it inadversely affect the actual bit stream?

If you check the download it will sometimes disappear and other times not.
Leave my cat out of it.

Schrodinger wrote:
> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>One Punch Mickey wrote:
>>
>>>"Stop Relying on Cognitive Science In Game Design - Use Social Science "
>>>
>>>Let's see you work a whinge about Steam into *that* one.
>>>

>>Schrodinger's cat's pooh steam? If you check the validity of a steam
>>update will it inadversely affect the actual bit stream?
>

> If you check the download it will sometimes disappear and other times not.
> Leave my cat out of it.

....When did the word "whine" get a g in it? I see that all the time...

Andrew

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:57:45 GMT, Angry Red Herring
<angryred@hypercon.com> wrote:

>...When did the word "whine" get a g in it? I see that all the time...

It didn't, www.m-w.com will help educate you.

Steph

Angry Red Herring <angryred@hypercon.com> wrote in

> ...When did the word "whine" get a g in it? I see that all the time...

It's a Limey thing.

:)
stePH
--
If it cannot break the egg's shell, a chick will die without being born.
We are the chick. The world is our egg.