Recommended Firewall for Win2k Pro

G

Hi,
I am running under Win2k Pro and want to run a seperate firewall to shield my DSL connection. There are many firewall for Win2k including: Conseal Firewall, Zonealarm, BlackICE, Freedom Internet Privacy, and Norton Internet Security. Which one do you think is the best for Win2k Pro, and why? Thanks.

Zir

G

If you go to Steve Gibson's website, grc.com, he has a section on firewalls (Leaktest) which explains it all. on my win98, i used Symantec's firewall, which failed his leaktest, but Symantec has since fixed that. However, everyone seems to agree that ZoneAlarm is the best out there. I couldn't get it to run stably on my win98 system, so I stuck with Symantec, mainly because I like their Systemworks program so well, and i like an integrated system. But if you don't already have that, then go with ZoneAlarm. I intend on going with ZoneAlarm on my new system, however.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd go with ZoneAlarm. I've been using it for about a month with no problems on both Win2K and 98SE.

And you can't beat the price!

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

G

I agree that the possibility can occur that your internet connection be comprimised, but I run a server 24/7 off of my ATT@Home connection to share my internet connection with the other 2 machines I have in the house and have not encountered any problems yet. Why exactly to you feel you need a Firewall?