Difool NEEDS steam........

I've been noticing lots of posts from difool lately. Pretty much all
of them are anti-steam. (all of them if you count his sig)
Then it occured to me that people enjoy games in different ways.

On Jan1 I had to install my newsreader and lost all my old newsgroup
messages. Since Jan 1 I've counted 296 anti steam postings from
difool. (didn't count the ones where his sig was the only A-S message)
Figuring it takes an average of 2 minutes to come up with a rant and
post it, that means he's gotten about 10 hrs of usenet fun that he'd
have missed if it wasn't for steam. And that's for only 1 month.

That's more time than I spent playing HL2. lol.
I'm not one of these rabid HL fans. I actually didn't like the game
much. I got it as a gift, installed it, (didn't have any trouble with
steam) and played up to about the airboat levels. By then I was
getting a lot of motion sickness (which never bothers me in other
games) and I wasn't very impressed with the gameplay so I quit
playing.

My point is that I had a legit copy of the game and didn't have any
problems installing or playing it and difool still got way more
enjoyment out of the game than I did.
The last thing he needs is the end of steam. :)

I just hope he bought a copy to encourage valve to continue releasing
steam based games for him to rant about.

You silly little man.

You play through the motion sickness, the stutter, the steam problems
and you enjoy the most masterful gaming experience ever created by
humanity!!!

flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
> You silly little man.
>
> You play through the motion sickness, the stutter, the steam problems
> and you enjoy the most masterful gaming experience ever created by
> humanity!!!

Amen brother.

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

DalienX wrote:
> flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
>
> > You silly little man.
> >
> > You play through the motion sickness, the stutter, the steam
problems
> > and you enjoy the most masterful gaming experience ever created by
> > humanity!!!
>
> You only get motion sickness with those cheap ass radeon cards.
> I get no stutter or motion sickeness.

I had neither of those probems either but even if you did it would
hardly matter because the game is beyond reproach.

difool wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2005, flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
>
> here did you came from? you're way weird! and scary too!
> wally and relatives are already bad enough!

And your continued anti-steam preaching bordering on psychotic isn't
weird and scary?

flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:

> You silly little man.
>
> You play through the motion sickness, the stutter, the steam problems
> and you enjoy the most masterful gaming experience ever created by
> humanity!!!

You only get motion sickness with those cheap ass radeon cards.
I get no stutter or motion sickeness.

------------------
Stats.
AMD 64 3000
768 ddr ram
Geforce FX 5700 ultra

--
DalienX

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Jeff Holinski wrote:

come one! don't be so mean!
i want valve to stop making steam mandatory for single-player games so i
can go away and do more happy and useful things in life
you're right in one thing, steam is making me waste alot of time with the
newsgroups...
but i'm getting tired and eventually i'll fade out...
the main force behind my posting is steam being so wrong and hl2 being
what many say so good...
if steam wouldn't be so damaging and hl2 wouldn't be so good i guess i
would be long gone...
one day i'll go away... i don't know when... hopefully it would be tomorrow
when i got the news hl2 is available without steam

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

On 30 Jan 2005, flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:

here did you came from? you're way weird! and scary too!
wally and relatives are already bad enough!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Jeff Holinski wrote:

<SNIP>

> That's more time than I spent playing HL2. lol.
> I'm not one of these rabid HL fans. I actually didn't like the game
> much. I got it as a gift, installed it, (didn't have any trouble with
> steam) and played up to about the airboat levels. By then I was
> getting a lot of motion sickness (which never bothers me in other
> games) and I wasn't very impressed with the gameplay so I quit
> playing.

I got some motion sickness on the airboat levels, so turned down
the resolution to 800x600 to get a better frame rate, and
that mostly fixed it.

The game play IMHO gets much better afer the air boat.
You get the gravity gun, then after an excellent bit of
zombie burning and mutilation, you get a beach buggy
complete with gun and ammo supply.

I'd recommend you turn the difficulty down to easy,
complete the air boat sections in short bursts,
then turn the difficulty back up, and enjoy
RavenHolme.
_______________
Tom.

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Jeff Holinski wrote:
>
> come one! don't be so mean!
> i want valve to stop making steam mandatory for single-player games so i
> can go away and do more happy and useful things in life
> you're right in one thing, steam is making me waste alot of time with the
> newsgroups...
> but i'm getting tired and eventually i'll fade out...

Don't give up the cause!

What if Alexander Graham Bell gave up on the light bulb?
What if Christopher Columbus gave up on the earth being round?
What if you gave up on anti-steam?

> the main force behind my posting is steam being so wrong and hl2 being
> what many say so good...
> if steam wouldn't be so damaging and hl2 wouldn't be so good i guess i
> would be long gone...
> one day i'll go away... i don't know when... hopefully it would be
tomorrow
> when i got the news hl2 is available without steam

News Flash!

Valve web site reports a new and improved version of Steam which is ready
for release to the public. This new version now handles phone calls, cable
TV, video games, board games, all internet sales, income tax filing, and
spail checking.

vinCe

"OldDog" wrote

> What if Alexander Graham Bell gave up on the light bulb?

Then Edison would probably have invented it.

"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "OldDog" wrote
>
> > What if Alexander Graham Bell gave up on the light bulb?
>
> Then Edison would probably have invented it.

And there you have it. Someone else will invent it. ;)

Man! I have got to write what I think and not what I type.

Jeff Holinski wrote:
> I've been noticing lots of posts from difool lately. Pretty much all
> of them are anti-steam. (all of them if you count his sig)
> Then it occured to me that people enjoy games in different ways.
>
> On Jan1 I had to install my newsreader and lost all my old newsgroup
> messages. Since Jan 1 I've counted 296 anti steam postings from
> difool. (didn't count the ones where his sig was the only A-S message)
> Figuring it takes an average of 2 minutes to come up with a rant and
> post it, that means he's gotten about 10 hrs of usenet fun that he'd
> have missed if it wasn't for steam. And that's for only 1 month.
>
> That's more time than I spent playing HL2. lol.
> I'm not one of these rabid HL fans. I actually didn't like the game
> much. I got it as a gift, installed it, (didn't have any trouble with
> steam) and played up to about the airboat levels. By then I was
> getting a lot of motion sickness (which never bothers me in other
> games) and I wasn't very impressed with the gameplay so I quit
> playing.
>

> My point is that I had a legit copy of the game and didn't have any
> problems installing or playing it and difool still got way more
> enjoyment out of the game than I did.
> The last thing he needs is the end of steam. :)
>
> I just hope he bought a copy to encourage valve to continue releasing
> steam based games for him to rant about.

"Captain, the turret fills with steam,
The feed-pipes burst below --
You can hear the hiss of the helpless ram,
You can hear the twisted runners jam."
And he answered, "Turn and go!"

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

vinCe

"OldDog" wrote

> "Vince" wrote

>> "OldDog" wrote

>> > What if Alexander Graham Bell gave up on the light bulb?

>> Then Edison would probably have invented it.

> And there you have it. Someone else will invent it. ;)

> Man! I have got to write what I think and not what I type.

Doh! Was I being a bit slow?

On 31 Jan 2005 04:26:51 -0800, flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:

>And your continued anti-steam preaching bordering on psychotic isn't
>weird and scary?

Not the least bit scary. Knowing I'm safe behind my monitor screen,
firewall, and probably thousands of miles of distance, I can enjoy
difools posts for what they are -- frequently hilarious.

-worm

"That's right. They're all going to end up like that. Bio-mechanical
weapons driven by meat-batteries. Never have to be fed or recharged...
they just keep going... going." - ROTLD3

Wormwood wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2005 04:26:51 -0800, flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
>
>> And your continued anti-steam preaching bordering on psychotic isn't
>> weird and scary?
>
> Not the least bit scary. Knowing I'm safe behind my monitor screen,
> firewall, and probably thousands of miles of distance, I can enjoy
> difools posts for what they are -- frequently hilarious.
>
> -worm
thats the only reason I haven't killfiled him yet but he is really getting
annoying now so i may just have to killfile him, he will be the first I have
killfiles for just being annoying and not out and out bigotry or flooding a
binary group with unrealted porn

--

You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!