Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

VLAN tagging option on my NIC(Windows 7)

Tags:
  • LAN
  • Windows 7
  • VLAN
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
August 8, 2012 8:57:40 AM

I'm experimenting with VLAN, and notices that for most NICs I'm working with I don't have the opportunity to choose VLAN ID.

I'm using Windows Server Windows 7, and here's what I do: in settings for network adapter, I click "Configure..." Then I go to the "Advanced" tab, and click "Priority & VLAN". I enable VLAN.

But, there's no way for me to choose VLAN ID. The cards is Realtek PCIe .

Is there anyway out???

More about : vlan tagging option nic windows

August 9, 2012 8:49:01 AM

eeman said:
I'm experimenting with VLAN, and notices that for most NICs I'm working with I don't have the opportunity to choose VLAN ID.

I'm using Windows Server Windows 7, and here's what I do: in settings for network adapter, I click "Configure..." Then I go to the "Advanced" tab, and click "Priority & VLAN". I enable VLAN.

But, there's no way for me to choose VLAN ID. The cards is Realtek PCIe .

Is there anyway out???

I found a solution:

Step # 1

Download latest Ethernet driver from below link and install the same on the notebook.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Softwa...

once the driver is update, restart the machine.

step # 2

Download the utility DiagosticAllin(2.0.1.9)_20110930 and install it on your machine.

Step # 3 Launch the utility from the task bar.Here you will find the VLAN option .Here you can add the VLAN ID...

ENJOY :) 
m
l
December 27, 2012 12:02:45 PM

where do I get DiagosticAllin(2.0.1.9)_20110930... I downloaded driver from the link and installed... I am still unable to change VLAN value
m
l