Sign in with
Your question

How to change my ip address on windows 7

Last response: in Networking
August 8, 2012 12:07:16 PM

hey there, i want to ask that how can i change my ip address on windows 7. like i read ur previous steps but i cannot find anything like that. please help me and tell me, because someone hacked my computer before and now im afraid that he will do it again. i want to secure it by changing my ip address.. i'll be really thankful please please please help me :( 

More about : change address windows

a b $ Windows 7
August 8, 2012 12:54:04 PM

are you using a router?
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
August 8, 2012 1:01:57 PM

Changing your LAN address will not effect your WAN address. If you don't want to get hacked, use a decent firewall and some anti-virus software. At the very least, put a router between your modem and PC if you aren't already using one.
m
l
May 17, 2013 10:45:10 PM

khadija said:
hey there, i want to ask that how can i change my ip address on windows 7. like i read ur previous steps but i cannot find anything like that. please help me and tell me, because someone hacked my computer before and now im afraid that he will do it again. i want to secure it by changing my ip address.. i'll be really thankful please please please help me :( 

Do you mean the network IP?If you are using a static IP then you need to contact your respective ISP for the change.If you have a Dynamic IP then you can change it by resetting the modem(switch it OFF and ON).You can confirm the change in IP by visiting Ip-details.com and confirm it.
m
l
!