jlc

No big surprise since they gushed all over it when they reviewed it. They
did give FarCry "Best Action Game" and Sacred got best RPG. JLC

JLC wrote:
> No big surprise since they gushed all over it when they reviewed it.
They
> did give FarCry "Best Action Game" and Sacred got best RPG. JLC

They gushed over it for a good reason, because it is simply the new
benchmark for the Action/FPS genre and delivers a gaming experience
like no other.

Just sounds like more sour grapes from another Far Cry fanboi to me.

jlc

<flightlessvacuum@lycos.com> wrote in message

> JLC wrote:
>> No big surprise since they gushed all over it when they reviewed it.
> They
>> did give FarCry "Best Action Game" and Sacred got best RPG. JLC
>
> They gushed over it for a good reason, because it is simply the new
> benchmark for the Action/FPS genre and delivers a gaming experience
> like no other.
>
> Just sounds like more sour grapes from another Far Cry fanboi to me.

How old are you? JLC

JLC wrote:

> How old are you? JLC

Old enough to appreciate a great game, have been gaming on PC since the
days of ids original castle wolfenstein.

flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:

> JLC wrote:
>
> > How old are you? JLC
>
> Old enough to appreciate a great game, have been gaming on PC since
> the days of ids original castle wolfenstein.

that would make you about 22, ive been around since the days of the
atari consoles lol

--
DalienX

"DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message
> flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
>

>> JLC wrote:
>>
>> > How old are you? JLC
>>
>> Old enough to appreciate a great game, have been gaming on PC since
>> the days of ids original castle wolfenstein.
>
> that would make you about 22, ive been around since the days of the
> atari consoles lol
>
> --

As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800 and
c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't "much"
older.
http://www.wolf3d.co.uk/castlewolfenstein.php

Or are you making the assumption he mean't wolfenstein3d, hence the approx
22 years old guess?

--
Les

Les Steel wrote:

> "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message
> > flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:

> >> Old enough to appreciate a great game, have been gaming on PC since
> >> the days of ids original castle wolfenstein.
> >
> > that would make you about 22, ive been around since the days of the
> > atari consoles lol
> >
> > --
>
> As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800
> and c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't
> "much" older.
> http://www.wolf3d.co.uk/castlewolfenstein.php
>
> Or are you making the assumption he mean't wolfenstein3d, hence the
> approx 22 years old guess?

If by wolfenstein3d you mean the 16 color pathetic attempt at a fps..
then yes i thought that was what he was talking about.

I only picked atari since i knew people would remember it, I acutaly
have in the cupboard my very first games machine, a Tandy coco3.
but not many people would know what that is lol

--

> Les Steel wrote:
>

>> "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message

>> > that would make you about 22, ive been around since the days of the
>> > atari consoles lol
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800
>> and c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't
>> "much" older.
>> http://www.wolf3d.co.uk/castlewolfenstein.php

Played it on the Apple II in 81...and owned an Atari 800.

>> Or are you making the assumption he mean't wolfenstein3d, hence the
>> approx 22 years old guess?
>
> If by wolfenstein3d you mean the 16 color pathetic attempt at a fps..
> then yes i thought that was what he was talking about.

You mean the original badass FPS of all time?

> I only picked atari since i knew people would remember it, I acutaly
> have in the cupboard my very first games machine, a Tandy coco3.
> but not many people would know what that is lol
>
> --
> DalienX

Big deal, I still wish I had my Vectrex. Wipe the egg off your face.

Kill Bill wrote:

> > I only picked atari since i knew people would remember it, I acutaly
> > have in the cupboard my very first games machine, a Tandy coco3.
> > but not many people would know what that is lol
> >
> > --
> > DalienX
>
> Big deal, I still wish I had my Vectrex. Wipe the egg off your face.

Congratulations, you must be old, I haven't even heard of that one.

--

> Kill Bill wrote:
>

>> > I only picked atari since i knew people would remember it, I acutaly
>> > have in the cupboard my very first games machine, a Tandy coco3.
>> > but not many people would know what that is lol
>> >
>> > --
>> > DalienX
>>
>> Big deal, I still wish I had my Vectrex. Wipe the egg off your face.
>
> Congratulations, you must be old, I haven't even heard of that one.
>
> --
> DalienX

The original gameboy advance!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4315&item=8166086674&rd=1

Kill Bill wrote:

> "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message

> >> Big deal, I still wish I had my Vectrex. Wipe the egg off your face.
> >
> > Congratulations, you must be old, I haven't even heard of that one.
> >
> > --
> > DalienX
>
> The original gameboy advance!
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4315&item=8166086674&rd=1

$91? Damn! I wonder how much mine would go for with a multicart that
contains every singe Vectrex game? I should fire it up and see if it
works, it has been a while... Nothing is more fun that 2 player Rip
Off!

Kevin

vinCe

"JLC" wrote

> <flightlessvacuum@lycos.com> wrote

>> Just sounds like more sour grapes from another Far Cry fanboi to me.

> How old are you?

You can't tell someones's age from a single comment.

But the use of the word "Fanboi" indicates an IQ around 75.

jlc

"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "JLC" wrote
>
>> <flightlessvacuum@lycos.com> wrote
>
>>> Just sounds like more sour grapes from another Far Cry fanboi to me.
>
>> How old are you?
>
> You can't tell someones's age from a single comment.
>
> But the use of the word "Fanboi" indicates an IQ around 75.

Good point! Thanks. JLC

"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message

> As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800 and
> c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't "much"
> older.

Actually, the original CW was released in 1981 by MUSE software for the
AppleII. So, you're both wrong.

Why am I getting in the middle of this?

Dark Helmet

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:14:45 -0500, "Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message
>>
>> As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800 and
>> c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't "much"
>> older.
>

>Actually, the original CW was released in 1981 by MUSE software for the
>AppleII. So, you're both wrong.
>
>Why am I getting in the middle of this?
>
>Dark Helmet

Great game back then.. loved it. I still have the software but chucked
my old Apple II+ years ago. I have 100s of floppies with every game
you can think of. Sigh. It had ONE whole MB of ram in it.. after I
upgraded it! Yikes..

Pluvious

"DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message
> Les Steel wrote:
>

>> "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message

>> > that would make you about 22, ive been around since the days of the
>> > atari consoles lol
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800
>> and c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't
>> "much" older.
>> http://www.wolf3d.co.uk/castlewolfenstein.php
>>
>> Or are you making the assumption he mean't wolfenstein3d, hence the
>> approx 22 years old guess?
>
> If by wolfenstein3d you mean the 16 color pathetic attempt at a fps..
> then yes i thought that was what he was talking about.
>
> I only picked atari since i knew people would remember it, I acutaly
> have in the cupboard my very first games machine, a Tandy coco3.
> but not many people would know what that is lol
>
> --
> DalienX

Colour Computer 3s were released circa 1986, the first machine I "owned" was
an Amstrad CPC 464 with a colour monitor, got it in 1984. I had played on
friends Atari 2600s and collecovisions etc, but my parents resisted the
consoles and splashed out on a "proper" computer!!!

--
Les

"Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message
>>
>> As the original Wolfenstein was released in 1983 on the old Atari 800 and
>> c64, I am assuming you did 2005 - 1983 =22? Atari consoles aren't "much"
>> older.
>

> Actually, the original CW was released in 1981 by MUSE software for the
> AppleII. So, you're both wrong.
>
> Why am I getting in the middle of this?
>
> Dark Helmet

That's the one I played.

"DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message
> flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
>

>> JLC wrote:
>>
>> > How old are you? JLC
>>
>> Old enough to appreciate a great game, have been gaming on PC since
>> the days of ids original castle wolfenstein.
>
> that would make you about 22, ive been around since the days of the
> atari consoles lol
>
> --
> DalienX

Not old enough to grow up and stop being a fanboi of anything..
HL2 being one of them.