Unable to connect M65 with 98SE

Last response: in Brands
March 5, 2005 2:29:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hello!

Anybody else with problems connecting M65 with Win 98 SE via IRDA?

Any workarounds?

Got the latest software - on PC (Toshiba 2140CDS laptop), on phone and
from Siemens (MPM).

No connection - hardware works fine with Nokia PC Suite...
It seems to me, that the Siemens software is to blame.
Any smaller programs and smarter ways to connect?

best regards Henrik
April 7, 2005 2:56:03 AM

Henrik S. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Anybody else with problems connecting M65 with Win 98 SE via IRDA?

Yes. Kind of. Same problem with a cx65

> Any workarounds?

Nope, and the siemens support email wasn't any use either. "Uninstall
all third party applications" - What ALLL of them?!?!?!
Then they told me to punch holes in the firwall I don't have on my
windows box. Sigh.

I just love the way you can switch to "manual" settings in MPM and get
zero options to select. I counted them twice.

> Got the latest software - on PC (Toshiba 2140CDS laptop), on phone and
> from Siemens (MPM).
>
> No connection - hardware works fine with Nokia PC Suite...
> It seems to me, that the Siemens software is to blame.
> Any smaller programs and smarter ways to connect?

SiMoCo seems to work, but it crashes on some functions. Good enough to
transfer photos and files though.

Good Luck!
September 25, 2006 2:42:53 PM

Woof Woof.