S55 Problem

Last response: in Brands
March 9, 2005 2:10:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

I have an S55 that turns itself off about every other time that I send a
text message. Does anyone know why it does so or what I can to do solve
the problem? Should I be looking for a firmware flash?

More about : s55 problem

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:40:54 AM

mcp6453 wrote:

> I have an S55 that turns itself off about every other time
> that I send a text message. Does anyone know why it does so or
> what I can to do solve the problem? Should I be looking for a
> firmware flash?

I've had an S55 for a couple of years, and it's inapproprately
turned itself off twice in that time. It came with firmware
version 12. I upgraded it to version 16 from the Siemens site,
and then to version 91 when that became available. These
official Siemens DIY upgrades are a useful feature of their
newer phones.

Frequent problems can point to a hardware fault though - poor
battery contacts seem to be associated with this symptom in
some other phone brands.

John
!