S55 Problem

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

I have an S55 that turns itself off about every other time that I send a
text message. Does anyone know why it does so or what I can to do solve
the problem? Should I be looking for a firmware flash?
1 answer Last reply
More about problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    mcp6453 wrote:

    > I have an S55 that turns itself off about every other time
    > that I send a text message. Does anyone know why it does so or
    > what I can to do solve the problem? Should I be looking for a
    > firmware flash?

    I've had an S55 for a couple of years, and it's inapproprately
    turned itself off twice in that time. It came with firmware
    version 12. I upgraded it to version 16 from the Siemens site,
    and then to version 91 when that became available. These
    official Siemens DIY upgrades are a useful feature of their
    newer phones.

    Frequent problems can point to a hardware fault though - poor
    battery contacts seem to be associated with this symptom in
    some other phone brands.

    John

Siemens Firmware