Half Life 2 HDR lighting and new level coming

http://pc.ign.com/articles/585/585596p1.html

Half-Life 2's Lost Coast

February 4, 2005 - Today, Valve software announced several neat new
things coming down the Half-Life 2 pipeline, the neatest of which is
the inclusion of High Dynamic Range lighting, or HDR, an effect that
gives light a very realistic glow. Many of you have probably already
witnessed an early technology demo that featured this tech, yet it
didn't make it into the final game. Well, Valve is not only adding it
to the Source engine, but showcasing it in a new level called "The Lost
Coast." Interestingly, we're hearing the Steam will detect your
hardware specifications to determine if your computer is capable of
supporting HDR, but it will be free of charge. As of right now, only a
limited number of high-end video cards support this feature. As far as
release dates are concerned, Valve says, "Over the next month or so."
In the meantime, they've release a quartet of concept sketches to whet
our appetite, which you can check out here.

In related news, Valve will be releasing another CS: Source map called
cs_compound, and introducing the crowbar, Stunstick, and Slam to HL2
deathmatch. Additionally, they will add a new deathmatch map while they
sort through the submissions for the map contest.

How nice, Steam will check all the noobs PC's and see if they are cabable.
If you want to see HDR work and work well right now play Farcay and enable
HDR and see what the Lost Coast should look like :)
To me it's not much different than turning up the contrast.

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://pc.ign.com/articles/585/585596p1.html
>
> Half-Life 2's Lost Coast
>
> February 4, 2005 - Today, Valve software announced several neat new
> things coming down the Half-Life 2 pipeline, the neatest of which is
> the inclusion of High Dynamic Range lighting, or HDR, an effect that
> gives light a very realistic glow. Many of you have probably already
> witnessed an early technology demo that featured this tech, yet it
> didn't make it into the final game. Well, Valve is not only adding it
> to the Source engine, but showcasing it in a new level called "The Lost
> Coast." Interestingly, we're hearing the Steam will detect your
> hardware specifications to determine if your computer is capable of
> supporting HDR, but it will be free of charge. As of right now, only a
> limited number of high-end video cards support this feature. As far as
> release dates are concerned, Valve says, "Over the next month or so."
> In the meantime, they've release a quartet of concept sketches to whet
> our appetite, which you can check out here.
>
> In related news, Valve will be releasing another CS: Source map called
> cs_compound, and introducing the crowbar, Stunstick, and Slam to HL2
> deathmatch. Additionally, they will add a new deathmatch map while they
> sort through the submissions for the map contest.

On 5 Feb 2005 "Blig Merk" wrote:

"but it will be free of charge"

this is the only thing worth focusing... they warning... it will be
free of charge... why you might ask, its just cause in the future
prepare to pay for it!

i wrote this 3 months ago! i saw it 3 months ago!
i'm not trying to give myself credit but 3 months ago i harmed this
group about the possibility valve would make you pay for special
features

don't have any doubt about it! in the future valve will make you pay
for special features like the ones they have announced

there thinking process is simply, if gamer has the cash to buy a high
end graphic card, lets make him pay more to use its high end features

you loyal steam lover servants pay your master valve! pay! PAY!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Against Steam Campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

vinCe

"difool" wrote

> i wrote this 3 months ago! i saw it 3 months ago!
> i'm not trying to give myself credit but 3 months ago i harmed this
> group

And it's not over yet.

> "but it will be free of charge"
>
> this is the only thing worth focusing... they warning... it will be
> free of charge... why you might ask, its just cause in the future
> prepare to pay for it!
>
> i wrote this 3 months ago! i saw it 3 months ago!
> i'm not trying to give myself credit but 3 months ago i harmed this
> group about the possibility valve would make you pay for special
> features
>
> don't have any doubt about it! in the future valve will make you pay
> for special features like the ones they have announced
>
> there thinking process is simply, if gamer has the cash to buy a high
> end graphic card, lets make him pay more to use its high end features
>
> you loyal steam lover servants pay your master valve! pay! PAY!

So you believe everything available from Valve, via Steam, should be free ?
This is more evidence that you are a warez kiddie who has never paid for a
game your life.

What was the last game you paid for and played ?

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005, "Vince" wrote:

> And it's not over yet.

what's not over is you worshiping your master!
worship you master!
http://home.comcast.net/~pudmonkey1/steamfornazis.jpg

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, "redTed" wrote:

<snip steam lover talk>

don't worry about details... just obey your master
here is a picture of your master
obey and worship your master!