Anyway to burn an 800MB file onto a 700MB CD?

hachiman

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Possible the stupidest question ever asked'but is there a way to burn an 800MB file onto a 700MB CD?

I have a Movie thats 2.4GB'split into 3 parts of 800MB'but cannot burn them as they are 2 big.

Anyway to squeeze them in?

Thanx

You could use a program like Ulead DVD and convert each file to a different format that uses a tighter compression ratio, unless however its already compressed as much as possible, some burners allow overburning but I don't know if they'll allow a 100MB overburn. My last suggestion if you have the hardrive space is to join the three together as a whole movie and recut it in 4 600Mb files, then burning is not a problem.

You never know what you can do until you try.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yeah, there's a couple of ways.

1. Buy 99min cd's, and o/b like a mf.
2. Recompress the video.
3. Use some imager that I saw one time.

You know how if you figure 2352 bytes of info, there's like 810meg per disk?

That's without crc info. There's some kind of formatter that will make you and iso for a disk, and burn it mode2/form2. The data is still usable, but you have to use some kind of resident program. It's a freeware format, I believe.

I only saw it one time, and I didn't have time to really look at it. Probably saw it on cdrinfo or something...

Secretninja

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
there is a a program out there that removes all the error corection from the cd when its burnt. that can fit 800mg but you CAN NOT scratch the disk else its a coster. cant remember the name though.

Now thats what I want to know!