Siemens CF62T

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I am buying a Siemens CF62T phone for use with a T-Mobile account.

I shall be glad to know about user experiences with this unit. Also about
using this phone on T-Mobile.

Does anybody know the model number of the data cable that can be used to
connect this unit with a PC?

Regards and thanks.

Shiva
4 answers Last reply
More about siemens cf62t
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:03:08 GMT, "Shiva" <shiva@universe.cosmos>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am buying a Siemens CF62T phone for use with a T-Mobile account.
    >
    >I shall be glad to know about user experiences with this unit. Also about
    >using this phone on T-Mobile.
    >
    >Does anybody know the model number of the data cable that can be used to
    >connect this unit with a PC?
    >
    >Regards and thanks.
    >
    >Shiva

    Shiva . . .

    I bought my cable on ebay . . . from e-coolcom . . .
    http://stores.ebay.com/E-Coolcom_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

    If you buy the OEM cable, it will cost much more.

    Or go to Siemens site . . .
    http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,hq_en_0_24602_rArNrNrNrN,00.html

    for downloads . . .
    http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,hq_en_0_11834_rArNrNrNrN,00.html

    The Siemens Data Suite is not the greatest software, but it works.

    You can email me at ron@roncrowleyDOTcom

    Replace the DOT with a (.)

    Ron
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    Hi,

    Thanks for the links - they are helpful.

    How is your experience with this model, if I may ask?

    Regards.

    Shiva
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:32:57 GMT, "Shiva" <shiva@universe.cosmos>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Thanks for the links - they are helpful.
    >
    >How is your experience with this model, if I may ask?
    >
    >Regards.
    >
    >Shiva

    Hi Shiva . . .

    I love the phone and have only one gripe . . . the battery. I find it
    to be a bit under-powered. Someone who is long winded will find they
    need to charge it daily. That really doesn't bother me all that much
    because my calls are brief and at night I keep it on my nightstand
    plugged in and I have an in-car charger. As the phones get smaller, so
    do the batteries.

    At first I thought it might be kinda flimsy but after dropping it a
    couple times it seems to withstand the shock OK.

    The wallpaper needs to be 130 x 130. The ringer will accept a MIDI
    with under 4 tracks (if I remember correctly) or a WAV file with a
    IMA ADPCM, 8,000Hz, 4bit mono format. Use Windows Sound Recorder to
    format any WAV file using the save-as window and My Computer (after
    you install the driver) to drag-n-drop it into the sounds folder on
    the phone.

    Good luck, Ron
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    Hi Ron,

    Thanks - I appreciate that response. I shall certainly watch out for the
    battery life. Luckily, it is for a family member who is going to use it only
    occasionally.

    Regards.

    Shiva

    "Ron" <who@givesashit.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:32:57 GMT, "Shiva" <shiva@universe.cosmos>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Thanks for the links - they are helpful.
    >>
    >>How is your experience with this model, if I may ask?
    >>
    >>Regards.
    >>
    >>Shiva
    >>

    > Hi Shiva . . .
    >
    > I love the phone and have only one gripe . . . the battery. I find it
    > to be a bit under-powered. Someone who is long winded will find they
    > need to charge it daily. That really doesn't bother me all that much
    > because my calls are brief and at night I keep it on my nightstand
    > plugged in and I have an in-car charger. As the phones get smaller, so
    > do the batteries.
    >
    > At first I thought it might be kinda flimsy but after dropping it a
    > couple times it seems to withstand the shock OK.
    >
    > The wallpaper needs to be 130 x 130. The ringer will accept a MIDI
    > with under 4 tracks (if I remember correctly) or a WAV file with a
    > IMA ADPCM, 8,000Hz, 4bit mono format. Use Windows Sound Recorder to
    > format any WAV file using the save-as window and My Computer (after
    > you install the driver) to drag-n-drop it into the sounds folder on
    > the phone.
    >
    > Good luck, Ron

Siemens Mobile Phones