Siemens CF62T

Last response: in Brands
Share
March 24, 2005 9:03:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I am buying a Siemens CF62T phone for use with a T-Mobile account.

I shall be glad to know about user experiences with this unit. Also about
using this phone on T-Mobile.

Does anybody know the model number of the data cable that can be used to
connect this unit with a PC?

Regards and thanks.

Shiva

More about : siemens cf62t

March 27, 2005 12:47:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:03:08 GMT, "Shiva" <shiva@universe.cosmos>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am buying a Siemens CF62T phone for use with a T-Mobile account.
>
>I shall be glad to know about user experiences with this unit. Also about
>using this phone on T-Mobile.
>
>Does anybody know the model number of the data cable that can be used to
>connect this unit with a PC?
>
>Regards and thanks.
>
>Shiva

Shiva . . .

I bought my cable on ebay . . . from e-coolcom . . .
http://stores.ebay.com/E-Coolcom_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZk...

If you buy the OEM cable, it will cost much more.

Or go to Siemens site . . .
http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,...

for downloads . . .
http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,...

The Siemens Data Suite is not the greatest software, but it works.

You can email me at ron@roncrowleyDOTcom

Replace the DOT with a (.)

Ron
March 27, 2005 11:32:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

Thanks for the links - they are helpful.

How is your experience with this model, if I may ask?

Regards.

Shiva
Related resources
March 28, 2005 10:21:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:32:57 GMT, "Shiva" <shiva@universe.cosmos>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Thanks for the links - they are helpful.
>
>How is your experience with this model, if I may ask?
>
>Regards.
>
>Shiva

Hi Shiva . . .

I love the phone and have only one gripe . . . the battery. I find it
to be a bit under-powered. Someone who is long winded will find they
need to charge it daily. That really doesn't bother me all that much
because my calls are brief and at night I keep it on my nightstand
plugged in and I have an in-car charger. As the phones get smaller, so
do the batteries.

At first I thought it might be kinda flimsy but after dropping it a
couple times it seems to withstand the shock OK.

The wallpaper needs to be 130 x 130. The ringer will accept a MIDI
with under 4 tracks (if I remember correctly) or a WAV file with a
IMA ADPCM, 8,000Hz, 4bit mono format. Use Windows Sound Recorder to
format any WAV file using the save-as window and My Computer (after
you install the driver) to drag-n-drop it into the sounds folder on
the phone.

Good luck, Ron
March 28, 2005 8:35:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi Ron,

Thanks - I appreciate that response. I shall certainly watch out for the
battery life. Luckily, it is for a family member who is going to use it only
occasionally.

Regards.

Shiva

news:D pnf415u190be6hc9jbdomvv0atq3e2n61@4ax.com...