Need help with sleep/restart issues in Win 8 on Dell Latitude D620

Hello,
I recently upgraded from Win 7 64 bit to Win 8 on my oldie but goodie Dell Latitude D620. I'm having issues related to closing the lid/sleep mode/restarting. I have already disabled the "fast startup" mode in control panel, and this has not solved my issues. Every time I close the lid, which should put it into sleep mode, and I open it up at a later time, it will boot up but always give me an annoying message about you computer has recovered from an error message, and anything I had left open (a word doc, powerpoint, or browser) disappears. Also, when I shutdown the computer via windows, it only restarts it and I get a the blue windows error screen with a smiley face and some sort of error about system thread exception error. I'm not sure what else to do, and these are rather annoying issues as I encounter them daily
3 answers Last reply
More about need sleep restart issues dell latitude d620
  1. The Dell Latitude D620 is from way back in the WinXP days. Dell doesn't really even support Windows 7 on that one. Best bet would be to replace the laptop with one specifically built with Windows 8 in mind. Otherwise very good luck in finding updated drivers.
  2. I realize that but I never had an issue with Win 7. Granted 7/8 are different animals

If there is no way to fix other than drivers (which probably wont be available), is there a way to at least get rid of this annoying crap from popping up every time I open 'er up
  3. Your issue is most likely a driver issue. Dell doesn't appear to have provided any Windows 7 drivers let alone Windows 8 drivers. I hate to say it as I really do like Windows 8 but you may need put Windows 7 back on that thing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Latitude Dell Windows 8