Month long battle & I'm still losing!

Hi, I have an older machine that I built 8-9 years ago and while its had ups and downs I have always been able to keep it going. Its a P4 3.00, Abit IS7 mobo, Radeon 3800 HD card & Realtech Ethernet (on mobo) and D-Link Fast Ethernet by way of PCI. About a month ago it started freezing on the net and I realized I could surf the net, do E-mail etc. but the moment I played any games on line (pogo) or checked out a surf cam or u-tube (video apps) it freezes like clockwork. The error message in the system event viewer: Error RemoteAccess Event 20106. I have tried all the phisical things...checked cords, reinstalled ethernet drivers etc. I know the DSL modem box is good as I have another P-4 connected to it with no problems other then microsoft disabled its ability to get downloads (Too many installations in same and original computer) another story. If anybody can think of a possible solution please do, all input appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis
2 answers Last reply
More about month long battle losing
  1. Forgot to mention its Windows XP Home fully up to date.
  2. XP dosen't need any remote access and by enabling it I opened the door to this error. As soon as I disabled it the error went away.
Ask a new question

Read More

Ethernet Card Networking