mr frodo fights the dark side

Yesterday Mr frodo was faced with this very serious problem.Kotr2 was just
released and Mr Frodo being a big fan of Kotr1 was very excited.However
after I was
reminded by the dark side that I had prefered the bittorrent version of HL2
over the $80 collectors version I checked
online and yes there it was ready to be mine for free.Resisting the
temptation I went to work and later that day ended up at frys and found
KOTR2 for $37.99.Both the dark and the light side of the force battled back
and forth,every argument
for buying vs downloading was brought up.Once I bought and installed the
game and started playing I was reminded of how much
fun gaming really is without the excessive copyprotection of HL2.I was
having fun again.The Light side won out after all
just like in the movies.I own over 300 games bought over 30 years of hard
gaming and I consider HL2 to be The Evil
Dark side of the future, after all It drove Mr frodo to the dark side did it
not?

BTW Mr Frodo is 54 years old has a wife 3 dogs a cat a job and lives very
well in blue state california.

end of line

hank

So, you've obtained over 300 games brought over 30 years? Wonder how
you've done that. Care to explain and describe your 30 year old
computer game.

Your name should be Mr Troll, not frodo.

"Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote in message
> So, you've obtained over 300 games brought over 30 years? Wonder how
> you've done that. Care to explain and describe your 30 year old
> computer game.
>
> Your name should be Mr Troll, not frodo.

Yes indeed Pong 1975 I have it somewhere in the attic Thanks for asking.

end of line

mr frodo wrote:
> Yesterday Mr frodo was faced with this very serious problem.Kotr2 was just
> released and Mr Frodo being a big fan of Kotr1 was very excited.However
> after I was
> reminded by the dark side that I had prefered the bittorrent version of HL2
> over the $80 collectors version I checked
> online and yes there it was ready to be mine for free.Resisting the
> temptation I went to work and later that day ended up at frys and found
> KOTR2 for $37.99.Both the dark and the light side of the force battled back
> and forth,every argument
> for buying vs downloading was brought up.Once I bought and installed the
> game and started playing I was reminded of how much
> fun gaming really is without the excessive copyprotection of HL2.I was
> having fun again.The Light side won out after all
> just like in the movies.I own over 300 games bought over 30 years of hard
> gaming and I consider HL2 to be The Evil
> Dark side of the future, after all It drove Mr frodo to the dark side did it
> not?
>

> BTW Mr Frodo is 54 years old has a wife 3 dogs a cat a job and lives very
> well in blue state california.
>
> end of line

You're 54... and yet you still don't realise that people will only make
games if they're PAID? There shouldn't really be ANY conflict between
piracy (and a potentially sub-standard copy) compared to a nicely
packaged, fresh-of-the-assembly legit version, with the funds filtering
down to those who made it so they can feed their families and continue
making great games in the future.

Perhaps I'm being a little harsh, but I'm surrounded by kids who copy
games all the time because they just don't know how the economy works.
You're the same age as my father, so I'd like to think you'd know
better. Which you do, at least for KotOR 2. ;)

BTW: what's the big deal with Steam? Install, unlock, run.

mr frodo wrote:
> "Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote in message
>
>>So, you've obtained over 300 games brought over 30 years? Wonder how
>>you've done that. Care to explain and describe your 30 year old
>>computer game.
>>
>>Your name should be Mr Troll, not frodo.
>>

> Yes indeed Pong 1975 I have it somewhere in the attic Thanks for asking.

Erm, thats interesting.

Now there's an intelligent response! I wish that people like you would
stop trying to be the piracy police. People are going to make whatever
decisions they like, and your opinion is not going to change that fact.
So instead of polluting a relatively harmless thread (meaning one that
does not ask for a CD-Key or otherwise spread information enabling
others to pirate software) with your self-righteous trolling, you could
realize that the original poster probably couldn't give two shits about
your opinon.