Stuck in "Beyond Good & Evil" in East Wiing

I'm patched to v1.01 but stuck in the east wing by what may be a game
killing bug. Double H & I are fighting these manta-like creatures
that keep re-spawning indefinitely, and I need Double H to kick a
power node to temporarily deactivate a blue electrical barrier so I
can progress past it but the mantas keep re-spawning, keeping Double H
busy & not allowing me to order him to kick the power node. Is this a
bug? Have I missed something? Is there suppose to be an infinite
number of these creatures, and if so how do I order Double H to stop
bashing the creatures & bash the node? I've taken a picture of the
creatures & entered it in my catalog so I know that's not it. Thanks
for any help.

-worm

"That's right. They're all going to end up like that. Bio-mechanical
weapons driven by meat-batteries. Never have to be fed or recharged...
they just keep going... going." - ROTLD3

jlc

"Wormwood" <insectfearYOURPANTIES@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm patched to v1.01 but stuck in the east wing by what may be a game
> killing bug. Double H & I are fighting these manta-like creatures
> that keep re-spawning indefinitely, and I need Double H to kick a
> power node to temporarily deactivate a blue electrical barrier so I
> can progress past it but the mantas keep re-spawning, keeping Double H
> busy & not allowing me to order him to kick the power node. Is this a
> bug? Have I missed something? Is there suppose to be an infinite
> number of these creatures, and if so how do I order Double H to stop
> bashing the creatures & bash the node? I've taken a picture of the
> creatures & entered it in my catalog so I know that's not it. Thanks
> for any help.
>
> -worm

I was stuck there are well. Keep fighting. You have to kill all the
creatures before you can move on.
They will stop coming.
I've never been able to finish the game because I can't kill the end boss.
I've fought the damn thing for an hour at a time and still can kill the damn
thing. If anyone has a tip for me I'd sure appreciate it. TIA. JLC

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:51:30 -0800, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

>"Wormwood" <insectfearYOURPANTIES@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I'm patched to v1.01 but stuck in the east wing by what may be a game
>> killing bug. Double H & I are fighting these manta-like creatures
>> that keep re-spawning indefinitely, and I need Double H to kick a
>> power node to temporarily deactivate a blue electrical barrier so I
>> can progress past it but the mantas keep re-spawning, keeping Double H
>> busy & not allowing me to order him to kick the power node. Is this a
>> bug? Have I missed something? Is there suppose to be an infinite
>> number of these creatures, and if so how do I order Double H to stop
>> bashing the creatures & bash the node? I've taken a picture of the
>> creatures & entered it in my catalog so I know that's not it. Thanks
>> for any help.
>>
>> -worm
>>

>I was stuck there are well. Keep fighting. You have to kill all the
>creatures before you can move on.
>They will stop coming.
>I've never been able to finish the game because I can't kill the end boss.
>I've fought the damn thing for an hour at a time and still can kill the damn
>thing. If anyone has a tip for me I'd sure appreciate it. TIA. JLC

I hung in there & had to kill MANY of the damn things, but you were
right -- they do eventually stop coming. Thanks.

> I hung in there & had to kill MANY of the damn things, but you were
> right -- they do eventually stop coming. Thanks.

Yeah that level really got me also. I was so sure I had to get up on top of
that section, I died many times tell I figured it out. Great game BTW. JLC

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've never been able to finish the game because I can't kill the end boss.
> I've fought the damn thing for an hour at a time and still can kill the
damn
> thing. If anyone has a tip for me I'd sure appreciate it. TIA. JLC

Which "phase" of the boss are you having trouble with?

As with all the bosses in the game there is a "trick" to beating it.

jlc

"Kevin C." <nomail@dot.com> wrote in message

> "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I've never been able to finish the game because I can't kill the end
>> boss.
>> I've fought the damn thing for an hour at a time and still can kill the
> damn
>> thing. If anyone has a tip for me I'd sure appreciate it. TIA. JLC
>>

> Which "phase" of the boss are you having trouble with?
>
> As with all the bosses in the game there is a "trick" to beating it.

It's when I'm on the little platform and the flying boss is moving around me
stinging me. It then moves over my head and hits me some more. I've tried
everything I can think of to kill the damn thing, but it just keeps coming.
Also the biggest problem is I only found one place on the moon where I can
buy energy/food. It's a long level so by the time I'm at the boss I'm almost
dead. I hate the fact that once you're on the moon you can't go back home.
It's a real shame because up to this point the game was a lot of fun and I
didn't have many problems it. JLC

> It's when I'm on the little platform and the flying boss is moving around
me
> stinging me. It then moves over my head and hits me some more. I've tried
> everything I can think of to kill the damn thing, but it just keeps
coming.

Is this the part where the eyeball warps around you? You have to hit it
(just once) each time it appears. When it appears on top of you, roll to the
side, don't try to attack. If you get hit at any time, it will basically
reset and you have to try again. Otherwise if you do this once or twice in a
row then he'll move to the next phase.

> It's when I'm on the little platform and the flying boss is moving around
> me stinging me. It then moves over my head and hits me some more. I've
> tried everything I can think of to kill the damn thing, but it just keeps
> coming. Also the biggest problem is I only found one place on the moon
> where I can buy energy/food. It's a long level so by the time I'm at the
> boss I'm almost dead. I hate the fact that once you're on the moon you
> can't go back home. It's a real shame because up to this point the game
> was a lot of fun and I didn't have many problems it. JLC

The BG&E FAQ has a good strategy for defeating him:

http://www.zianet.com/parrotfan/BGAEfaq.htm#2

I found that sidestepping the attacks when he's above works well.

--
"If you meet a vegan it's bad form to give them the famous four-fingered V
sign and say 'Live long and prosper'." - Terry Pratchett

Switch "dodo" and "mega" to reply by e-mail

jlc

"Spon349" <tom@dodomega.plus.com> wrote in message
>> It's when I'm on the little platform and the flying boss is moving around
>> me stinging me. It then moves over my head and hits me some more. I've
>> tried everything I can think of to kill the damn thing, but it just keeps
>> coming. Also the biggest problem is I only found one place on the moon
>> where I can buy energy/food. It's a long level so by the time I'm at the
>> boss I'm almost dead. I hate the fact that once you're on the moon you
>> can't go back home. It's a real shame because up to this point the game
>> was a lot of fun and I didn't have many problems it. JLC
>
> The BG&E FAQ has a good strategy for defeating him:
>
> http://www.zianet.com/parrotfan/BGAEfaq.htm#2
>
> I found that sidestepping the attacks when he's above works well.

Thanks for the link and to all that have posted help. JLC

In article <fbhPd.3386$lz5.2291@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net>,
Kevin C. <nomail@dot.com> wrote:

>Is this the part where the eyeball warps around you? You have to hit it
>(just once) each time it appears. When it appears on top of you, roll to the
>side, don't try to attack.

I played the game on the PS2 so I don't know if this works on the PC
version, but I found that there was just enough time to charge up a
super attack when he appeared above and that sort of ticked him off.

Cheers
Bent D
--
Bent Dalager - bcd@pvv.org - http://www.pvv.org/~bcd