pro tools question"session must be on an audio volume"

Running digi OO2 pro tools 6.4 with XP . . I'm new at this , things work
fine yesterday but tonight... I get this damm "session must be on an audio
volume" tonight when I try to open things for a new seesion. .I have two
hard drives . I can do new seesion stuff from first hard drive but not
second one , I can open from second hard drive but can't start new session.

Is there a protools group like the sonar/cakewalk on google _not_ digi
site ?

Thank you ,

Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
4 answers Last reply
More about tools question session audio volume

    Edward Bridge wrote:
    > Running digi OO2 pro tools 6.4 with XP . . I'm new at this , things work
    > fine yesterday but tonight... I get this damm "session must be on an audio
    > volume" tonight when I try to open things for a new seesion. .I have two
    > hard drives . I can do new seesion stuff from first hard drive but not
    > second one , I can open from second hard drive but can't start new session.
    >
    > Is there a protools group like the sonar/cakewalk on google _not_ digi
    > site ?
    >
    > Thank you ,
    >
    > Peace,
    > Ed Bridge
    > Brooklyn N.Y.
    > www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com

    sounds like your "second" harddrive is your system drive. save all
    sessions to your audio drive.

    Seems strange you wouldn't simply go to the Digidesign User Conference and
    find the answer in 5 seconds with a search ?? This is an FAQ after all.

    Rail
    --
    Recording Engineer/Software Developer
    Rail Jon Rogut Software

    "Edward Bridge" <edbridge@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Running digi OO2 pro tools 6.4 with XP . . I'm new at this , things work
    > fine yesterday but tonight... I get this damm "session must be on an audio
    > volume" tonight when I try to open things for a new seesion. .I have two
    > hard drives . I can do new seesion stuff from first hard drive but
    not
    > second one , I can open from second hard drive but can't start new
    session.

    > Is there a protools group like the sonar/cakewalk on google _not_ digi
    > site ?
    >
    > Thank you ,
    >
    > Peace,
    > Ed Bridge
    > Brooklyn N.Y.
    > www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com

    That's the first thing I did with "No matches" . .. strange indeed. . .

    "Rail Jon Rogut" <railro@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Seems strange you wouldn't simply go to the Digidesign User Conference and
    > find the answer in 5 seconds with a search ?? This is an FAQ after all.
    >
    > Rail
    > --
    > Recording Engineer/Software Developer
    > Rail Jon Rogut Software
    > http://www.railjonrogut.com
    > mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com
    >
    > "Edward Bridge" <edbridge@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > Running digi OO2 pro tools 6.4 with XP . . I'm new at this , things work
    > > fine yesterday but tonight... I get this damm "session must be on an
    audio
    > > volume" tonight when I try to open things for a new seesion. .I have
    two
    > > hard drives . I can do new seesion stuff from first hard drive but
    > not
    > > second one , I can open from second hard drive but can't start new
    > session.
    > >
    > > Is there a protools group like the sonar/cakewalk on google _not_ digi
    > > site ?
    > >
    > > Thank you ,
    > >
    > > Peace,
    > > Ed Bridge
    > > Brooklyn N.Y.
    > > www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com

    Things got unclick in "show work space." Thank God for coffee ,a clear head
    and reader from here who had the answer .

    --
    Peace,
    Ed

Pro Audio Audio Hard Drives Windows XP