Hardrive Problems

Scarface

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
Ok, I Am Having Some Trouble, And Don't Really Know What The Problem Is. First Off, I Had A PC CHIPS M754LMR Motherboard Before, And i Bought A Western Digital 80 GB Hardrive (Set It Up As My D Drive) A Month After I Bought My System. All Was Good Until, I Upgraded To A New Asus A7S333 Motherboard And a 1.1Ghz Duron CPU, With A CoolMaster Fan. Well i Transferred All My Stuff Over To My New Motherboard (cd-roms, floppy drives, hdd, etc.). Now The Problem Im Getting Is That When I First Turned On The System, It Recognizied All My HDDs, CDROMS etc. , But The Next Day I Turned On My Computer And It Woudlnt Detect My Western Digital 80GB anymore. Therefore I Got It Checked Out And Found Out That My 80GB Died On Me. So Luckily I Had Warranty And Got My Self A New Western Digital 80GB, It Worked Perfect, Until It Came Time For Me To Restart. When I Restarted It Gave Me That Same BUllshit That It Cant Detect My Secondary Master, Which Is My Western Digital 80Gb. So I Would Like TO Know What Seems To Be The Problem On Why My 80Gb Keeps On Dieing On Me Ever Since I Upgraded To A New MotherBoard. Your Replies And Advice Would Be Really Greatful. (Also Ever Since I Got My New Asus Motherboard And Duron 1.1gz, My Computer Has Been Really Hot ( than before when i had my pcchips mobo). The Temps I Am Getting Is CPU Temp:40C and Mainboard Temp: 51C) Any Help Would Be Aprecciated. And Sorry For The Long Post, I Just Hate Having To Return My Hardrive Everyday Just To Have It Die On Me Again.

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Format the drive and do a fresh install, moving OS loaded drive from one motherboard to another = error hell. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt to proove it. :smile:

<font color=red>Got a silent setup, now I can hear myself thinking.... great silence</font color=red>

Scarface

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
I Just Got The Drive From Future Shop , Because My Other One Died On Me. When I Got It, i Formatted It And Set It Up As My D Drive, And It Was Working Great. But When I Restarted It Said The Drive Cannot Be Detected. I've Gotten This Error Everytime I Install a Brand New Western DIgital 80Gb On My New Asus A7S333. I Never Had This Problem On My PC CHIPS M754LMR Board.