Who makes a decent Vocal Eliminator (Reducer?)?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 10, 2004 10:07:18 AM

I saw the Alesis...anyone else make one relatively affordable yet decent?

Thanks, Dean
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 1:56:21 PM

Fingerz88D <fingerz88d@aol.com> wrote:
>I saw the Alesis...anyone else make one relatively affordable yet decent?

Alesis?

As far as I know, LT Electronics has the patent on the process still,
and makes pretty much the only ones out there.
--scott
August 10, 2004 4:10:31 PM

"Fingerz88D" <fingerz88d@aol.com> wrote in message
> I saw the Alesis...anyone else make one relatively affordable yet
> decent?

Audition 1.5 (Windows software) has some new features in this area.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 4:56:16 PM

Dean,

See my article that explains how to do this usign SoundForge or any other
basic audio editor program. It's not difficult, though of course the results
are variable. Look for "The truth about vocal eliminators," 11th in the list
on my Articles page:

www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

Also, if you have a home theater receiver that can decode Dolby Pro Logic
from a stereo source, try that too. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I
believe the left and right outputs should have very little of whatever is
panned to the center.

--Ethan
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 8:05:37 PM

<< Alesis? >>

Yes, the MI catalogs are showing a new Alesis PicoVerb-sized box that says it's
a vocal eliminator.

Scott Fraser
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 9:05:24 PM

> Fingerz88D <fingerz88d@aol.com> wrote:
> >I saw the Alesis...anyone else make one relatively affordable yet decent?
>
> Alesis?

Believe it or not Alesis now sells a standalone box (along the lines of
their 1/3 rack size boxes). With their facility and the cheap cost of
putting one together I guess it makes sense (financially at least). As for
the results, I don't know. Here it is:
http://www.alesis.com/products/VocalZapper/about.html. It's also in their
PlayMate "Performance Tool":
http://www.alesis.com/products/PlayMateVocalist/about.h....
June 19, 2012 6:04:34 AM

Check out the Vocal Terminator Series, Model DEVOX-1000 Vocal Eliminator and Musical Arrangement Revealer by Audio-Techo Products.
Here's their web site, http://www.audioparadiseentertainment.com/vocalterminat...
For Singers:
Sing your favorite hit songs with the original recorded music. Make your own performance and practice recordings. Make your own Karaoke music!
For Music Listeners:
For Musicians: Arrangers and Performers.
Good luck!
!