Ion Storm Austin goes tits up.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765

Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and 'xBox'
in the same sentence.
21 answers Last reply
More about storm austin tits

    "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >
    > Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    'xBox'
    > in the same sentence.

    But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after the
    Deux Ex team took a hike...

    Shhhhh, you'll wake up BligSmerk

    One Punch Mickey wrote:
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >
    > Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    > 'xBox' in the same sentence.

    They did it to themselves...

    "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message

    > "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >>
    >> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    > 'xBox'
    >> in the same sentence.
    >
    > But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
    > the
    > Deux Ex team took a hike...

    Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
    combined. LOL

    Jonah Falcon

    You have cause-and-effect confused. You may as well say the cake tasted bad
    because the pudding was $20. What does one have to do with the other?

    Jonah Falcon

    "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
    > One Punch Mickey wrote:
    >> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >>
    >> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    >> 'xBox' in the same sentence.
    >

    > They did it to themselves...

    Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?

    Please don't say stupid things.

    Jonah Falcon

    Then you'd never open your mouth.

    lupi

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:20:56 GMT, Jonah Falcon said:

    > "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >>>
    >>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    >> 'xBox'
    >>> in the same sentence.
    >>
    >> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
    >> the
    >> Deux Ex team took a hike...
    >
    > Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
    > combined. LOL
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    Quantity does not equal quality though.

    Jonah Falcon wrote:
    > "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
    >> One Punch Mickey wrote:
    >>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >>>
    >>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    >>> 'xBox' in the same sentence.
    >>

    >> They did it to themselves...
    >
    > Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?
    >
    > Please don't say stupid things.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    Quote the correct person, moron. I said nothing about the XBox...

    Thus spake "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>, Fri, 11 Feb 2005
    21:21:44 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >You have cause-and-effect confused. You may as well say the cake tasted bad
    >because the pudding was $20. What does one have to do with the other?
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    Dilution of focus = low overall sales (on pc). Even you can't be this daft
    Jonah.

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

    > "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >>>
    >>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
    >> 'xBox'
    >>> in the same sentence.
    >>
    >> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
    >> the
    >> Deux Ex team took a hike...
    >
    > Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
    > combined. LOL
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    Jonah, go away. Before you do, though, I wonder if you could quote your
    source for the above info?

    In article <N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie>, One Punch Mickey
    <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >
    > Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and 'xBox'
    > in the same sentence.

    What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

    I loved T3 and wish they'd release their level editor. There are tons
    of fan missions for the T1/T2 game engines.

    --
    Dan Stephenson
    Photos and movies from US Parks and all over Europe:

    Schrodinger wrote:

    >> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and
    >> sequel combined. LOL
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >
    > Jonah, go away. Before you do, though, I wonder if you could quote
    > your source for the above info?

    Jonah Falcon don't need no stink'in facts! He's free to make it all up as
    he goes along...

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:14:11 GMT, Dan Stephenson
    <stephedanospam@mac.com> wrote:

    >In article <N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie>, One Punch Mickey
    ><fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
    >>
    >> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and 'xBox'
    >> in the same sentence.
    >
    >What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

    Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!

    "Tim O" wrote

    > Dan Stephenson wrote:

    >>What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

    > Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!

    They're both more enjoyable than Doom II though.

    "Vince" wrote
    > "Tim O" wrote

    >> Dan Stephenson wrote:

    >>>What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

    >> Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!

    > They're both more enjoyable than Doom II though.

    Doh!

    I lost an 'I' there.

    RichGK <trew@fewddssay.net> wrote:
    >On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:20:56 GMT, Jonah Falcon said:
    >> "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> 'xBox'
    >>>
    >>> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
    >>> the
    >>> Deux Ex team took a hike...
    >>
    >> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
    >> combined. LOL
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >
    >Quantity does not equal quality though.

    It equals solvency though.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:14:39 +0800, Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza>
    wrote:

    >It equals solvency though.

    Apparently not.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Vince" wrote

    >>> Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!
    >
    >> They're both more enjoyable than Doom II though.
    >
    > Doh!
    >
    > I lost an 'I' there.

    Remember though, there's no "I" in Steam...

    /ducks
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote :
    > Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?

    No, but what's that got to with Ion Storm?
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    > Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
    > combined. LOL

    Source? Deus Ex was only released on PC and later, PS2; Invisible War was PC
    & Xbox.

PC gaming Games IBM Xbox Video Games