Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ion Storm Austin goes tits up.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 2:55:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765

Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and 'xBox'
in the same sentence.

More about : ion storm austin tits

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 2:55:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie...
> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>
> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
'xBox'
> in the same sentence.

But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after the
Deux Ex team took a hike...
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 3:16:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Shhhhh, you'll wake up BligSmerk

"One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie...
> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>
> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
> 'xBox' in the same sentence.
>
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 12:20:56 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
news:110pqd92j4o0985@news.supernews.com...
>
> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie...
>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>
>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
> 'xBox'
>> in the same sentence.
>
> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
> the
> Deux Ex team took a hike...

Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
combined. LOL

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 12:21:44 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

You have cause-and-effect confused. You may as well say the cake tasted bad
because the pudding was $20. What does one have to do with the other?

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 12:22:37 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
news:nQ4Pd.19611$XY5.12196@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> One Punch Mickey wrote:
>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>
>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
>> 'xBox' in the same sentence.
>
>
> They did it to themselves...

Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?

Please don't say stupid things.

Jonah Falcon
February 12, 2005 12:22:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Then you'd never open your mouth.

lupi

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:xm9Pd.17065$wK.15790@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
> news:nQ4Pd.19611$XY5.12196@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> > One Punch Mickey wrote:
> >> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
> >>
> >> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
> >> 'xBox' in the same sentence.
> >
> >
> > They did it to themselves...
>
> Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?
>
> Please don't say stupid things.
>
> Jonah Falcon
>
>
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:37:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:20:56 GMT, Jonah Falcon said:

> "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
> news:110pqd92j4o0985@news.supernews.com...
>>
>> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie...
>>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>>
>>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
>> 'xBox'
>>> in the same sentence.
>>
>> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
>> the
>> Deux Ex team took a hike...
>
> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
> combined. LOL
>
> Jonah Falcon

Quantity does not equal quality though.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:56:39 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
> news:nQ4Pd.19611$XY5.12196@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>> One Punch Mickey wrote:
>>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>>
>>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
>>> 'xBox' in the same sentence.
>>
>>
>> They did it to themselves...
>
> Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?
>
> Please don't say stupid things.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Quote the correct person, moron. I said nothing about the XBox...
February 12, 2005 12:47:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thus spake "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>, Fri, 11 Feb 2005
21:21:44 GMT, Anno Domini:

>You have cause-and-effect confused. You may as well say the cake tasted bad
>because the pudding was $20. What does one have to do with the other?
>
>Jonah Falcon

Dilution of focus = low overall sales (on pc). Even you can't be this daft
Jonah.

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
February 12, 2005 12:54:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Yk9Pd.17062$wK.4167@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
> news:110pqd92j4o0985@news.supernews.com...
>>
>> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie...
>>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>>
>>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
>> 'xBox'
>>> in the same sentence.
>>
>> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
>> the
>> Deux Ex team took a hike...
>
> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
> combined. LOL
>
> Jonah Falcon

Jonah, go away. Before you do, though, I wonder if you could quote your
source for the above info?
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:14:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

In article <N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie>, One Punch Mickey
<fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>
> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and 'xBox'
> in the same sentence.

What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

I loved T3 and wish they'd release their level editor. There are tons
of fan missions for the T1/T2 game engines.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from US Parks and all over Europe:
http://homepage.mac.com/stepheda
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:44:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Schrodinger wrote:
>>
>> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and
>> sequel combined. LOL
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>
> Jonah, go away. Before you do, though, I wonder if you could quote
> your source for the above info?



Jonah Falcon don't need no stink'in facts! He's free to make it all up as
he goes along...
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 9:56:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:14:11 GMT, Dan Stephenson
<stephedanospam@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie>, One Punch Mickey
><fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>
>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and 'xBox'
>> in the same sentence.
>
>What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!
February 13, 2005 1:59:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Tim O" wrote

> Dan Stephenson wrote:

>>What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

> Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!

They're both more enjoyable than Doom II though.
February 13, 2005 5:10:44 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Vince" wrote
> "Tim O" wrote

>> Dan Stephenson wrote:

>>>What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?

>> Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!

> They're both more enjoyable than Doom II though.

Doh!

I lost an 'I' there.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 9:14:39 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

RichGK <trew@fewddssay.net> wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:20:56 GMT, Jonah Falcon said:
>> "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message
>> news:110pqd92j4o0985@news.supernews.com...
>>>
>>> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:N21Pd.47329$Z14.32926@news.indigo.ie...
>>>> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6765
>>>>
>>>> Bet they wish that no-one had ever mentioned the words 'Deus Ex' and
>>> 'xBox'
>>>> in the same sentence.
>>>
>>> But but but they were going to put out a Deus Ex action game even after
>>> the
>>> Deux Ex team took a hike...
>>
>> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
>> combined. LOL
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>
>Quantity does not equal quality though.

It equals solvency though.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:10:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:14:39 +0800, Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza>
wrote:

>It equals solvency though.

Apparently not.
February 14, 2005 1:11:42 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:EdJPd.88629$B8.82118@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> "Vince" wrote
>> "Tim O" wrote
>
>>> Dan Stephenson wrote:
>
>>>>What *were * the sales of DE2 and T3?
>
>>> Nearly 10! I don't know why people keep saying they flopped!
>
>> They're both more enjoyable than Doom II though.
>
> Doh!
>
> I lost an 'I' there.

Remember though, there's no "I" in Steam...

/ducks
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 12:17:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote :
> Question: Did Looking Glass fail because of the XBox?

No, but what's that got to with Ion Storm?
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:05:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Yk9Pd.17062$wK.4167@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

> Just so you know, Deus Ex Xbox made more than the PC Deux Ex and sequel
> combined. LOL

Source? Deus Ex was only released on PC and later, PS2; Invisible War was PC
& Xbox.
!