Sign in with
Your question

Connecting PC to XBOX through multiple routers???

Last response: in Networking
August 11, 2012 4:23:30 AM

Hello,
Here's my issue... I have an upstairs office where my desktop pc is located. This pc is connected to the internet via a Linksys Router in my bedroom...

My XBox is downstairs and connected wirelessly to a Belkin Router downstairs. The Belkin Router is then connected to my Linksys Router to access the internet.

I can access XBox Live and the internet through both the XBox and my pc BUT the XBox doesn't see the computer on the network.. so I'm unable to stream files from my pc to the Xbox.

I'm attempting to stream movies from TVersity to my XBox but my XBox can't see my pc... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Related resources
August 18, 2012 6:46:26 PM

I set up the Belkin Router as an Access Point but the two still don't see each other. At the recommendation of XBox, I opened the Ports at TCP 2869 & 10243, as well as UDP 1900, 10280 thru 10284 on my Desktop PC... Still no go... Unfortunately, I am not very network savvy, is there any other advice you could throw out to me??
m
l
August 25, 2012 12:11:09 AM

Emerald said:
would you be able to reconfigure the Belkin as an AP?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wire...

I set up the Belkin Router as an Access Point but the two still don't see each other. At the recommendation of XBox, I opened the Ports at TCP 2869 & 10243, as well as UDP 1900, 10280 thru 10284 on my Desktop PC... Still no go... Unfortunately, I am not very network savvy, is there any other advice you could throw out to me??
m
l
August 25, 2012 12:14:24 AM

I hope you have the Belkin connected to the Linksys LAN to LAN, and not WAN to LAN!
m
l
August 25, 2012 12:46:06 AM

eibgrad said:
I hope you have the Belkin connected to the Linksys LAN to LAN, and not WAN to LAN!

I didn't realize there was a difference between the LAN & WAN ports on the back of the Belkin, SILLY ME!, I switched the cable to a different port and BAM.. IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!. Thanks for the Assist!! It's much appreciated.
m
l
!