Questions about my verizon DSL

ebsbyers

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I have a couple questions about my Verizon internet and im not sure if they're normal or not. First of all whenever it storms or rains sometimes not even rain just storms and thunder my dsl stops working idk if thats normal or if theres a problem with my phone line or verizon, and i am wondering if the actual internet speed is always different by a digit, like my verizon management console says my speed is 1.5 mbps and when i download games and files im getting about 150 kbps so basically are those two things normal or do i have a problem? thanks for reading and answering

Solution
the first problem does not seem normal to me I would contact Verizon

the second problem could be normal since the actual download speed also depends on the Upload connection of the server you are downloading from.

also if your download says 150MB/s it is equivalent to 1.2Mb/s which is close to your 1.5Mb/s test on Verizon
the first problem does not seem normal to me I would contact Verizon

the second problem could be normal since the actual download speed also depends on the Upload connection of the server you are downloading from.

also if your download says 150MB/s it is equivalent to 1.2Mb/s which is close to your 1.5Mb/s test on Verizon

Solution

ebsbyers

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Well ny computer is connected at 150 mb/s and it says my download speed is 1.5 mb/s and the upload is .4mb/s and when i download say a file or game the speed is usually around 150 kb/s