Comming soon: Painkiller Gold/Black Edition

dreamcatcher will release a Painkiller Gold Edition which in the
UK will be called "Black Edition"

it will feature the original Painkiller and the Battle out of Hell
expansion and lots more like making of and interviews

hope they will do an even more fabulous packaging than the already
great one in the original Painkiller which probably was the 2004
packaging of the year in pc games

dreamcatcher us site didn't have any more info, but the uk site has
already a release date March 18, 2005 and price 29.95 (pounds)

http://www.mindscape.co.uk/products/ProductInfo.asp?pid=925
13 answers Last reply
More about comming soon painkiller gold black edition

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > hope they will do an even more fabulous packaging than the already
    > great one in the original Painkiller which probably was the 2004
    > packaging of the year in pc games

    Because packaging means you have a great game. Even when you don't talk
    about steam you are an idiot. Of course, you still aren't talking about
    games you've played.

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:12:29 +0000, sayNO2steam
    <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >dreamcatcher will release a Painkiller Gold Edition which in the
    >UK will be called "Black Edition"
    >
    >it will feature the original Painkiller and the Battle out of Hell
    >expansion and lots more like making of and interviews
    >
    >hope they will do an even more fabulous packaging than the already
    >great one in the original Painkiller which probably was the 2004
    >packaging of the year in pc games

    Huh.... ??

    Your packaging must have been different from that available
    in the US...

    John Lewis

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, John Lewis wrote:

    > Huh.... ??
    >
    > Your packaging must have been different from that available
    > in the US...

    i'm extremely surprised if not even shocked by knowing US didn't have
    the "deluxe" Painkiller packaging i saw from a friend, its really a
    great shame

    i'll try and describe the packaging i saw, although it will be difficult
    cause my english is bad... but here it goes, painkiller uk cd version
    inside it had
    .. small manual (it was not the manual which impressed me)
    .. the usual registration card, voucher for clan server and erratum
    now what i think was for me the best box of 2004
    in the box it had
    .. box in high quality cardboard which for a uk edition is a rarity cause
    most of the games come in plastic
    .. cover was good with the painkiller dude, background in black and in
    the bottom in dark red a group of monsters we find in the game
    .. at the box sides we had, top the great painkiller lettering, in the
    side we had the same and in the bottom we had the system requirements
    .. in the back cover it had screens and info about the game in a sheet of
    paper which when you took of the plastic covering the box it came out
    cause it was not glued and you would then see the back of the box with a
    image of some kind of wall in red blood, this detail was very good cause
    it made the box even more consistent and special
    .. the box was a one piece only, with no separate parts, were you unfolded
    in three, first the cover to your left then two times to your right to
    uncover the cds, and each side of the cds it had a see through high
    quality plastic to keep the cds and in behind it had the same image of
    the three monster printed in the cds
    .. cd-rom version (3 disks) each with a different great high quality print
    out of a game's monster which when inserted had the image alined with the
    back image printed bellow the see through plastic
    .. when you unfolded you saw in front of you the cds but in the back it
    would create a single and continuous very high quality screenshot of the
    game's action

    there are even more details about it that i probably missed but overall it
    was a packaging you really don't forget and you only whished more games
    would come this way

    was the painkiller US edition so different from this one?

    i think it will be difficult for the Gold/Black Edition to beat this
    packaging but i'm extremely curious to know if the US and UK versions
    will be so different like the original Painkiller was and specially what
    kind of packaging will the gold/black edition have
    one important note is they talk about a "limited" edition

    btw, i never saw the Painkiller expansion package

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

    packaging is extremely important for pc games!
    it was always important and it will always be!
    pc games will always be a "package" product!
    would any real gamer choose to download Painkiller when for the same price
    he has a terrific packaging that will not only keep his cds in a safe place
    but at his own is a pleasure altogether
    any gamer with sensibility knows the game "package" in not only to protect
    the game but something we gamers appreciate
    i thank dreamcatcher for thinking about us gamers and doing a package with
    quality, which only means they care about us, something a publisher like
    valve is completely the opposite... hl2 package was the worse of the worse
    no manual, cds in paper sleeves, a plastic case and a horrible cover
    but i don't expect you to understand mr hank
    and yes i'm still here despite all your dirty moves to silence me
    fortunately there are many many people in the world which respect above
    everything freedom of speech and pluralism, something you don't!

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > packaging is extremely important for pc games!
    > it was always important and it will always be!
    > pc games will always be a "package" product!
    > would any real gamer choose to download Painkiller when for the same
    > price he has a terrific packaging that will not only keep his cds in
    > a safe place but at his own is a pleasure altogether
    > any gamer with sensibility knows the game "package" in not only to
    > protect the game but something we gamers appreciate
    > i thank dreamcatcher for thinking about us gamers and doing a package
    > with quality, which only means they care about us, something a
    > publisher like valve is completely the opposite... hl2 package was
    > the worse of the worse no manual, cds in paper sleeves, a plastic
    > case and a horrible cover

    Ah yes, Valve is ugly. The moment you jumped the shark. You still haven't
    talked about any games you've played. Of course now the truth comes out of
    your post. This is just another veiled attack on Valve again. And you
    claimed you aren't obsessed with Steam. It's funny, you claim to have a
    three-year old computer and can't play new games. So even if Steam wasn't
    around, you still wouldn't be able to play HL2. I think you and Lewis need
    to see a psychiatrist. So much hatred in your life is not healthy.

    > but i don't expect you to understand mr hank
    > and yes i'm still here despite all your dirty moves to silence me
    > fortunately there are many many people in the world which respect
    > above everything freedom of speech and pluralism, something you don't!

    Where did I try to silence you? The stuff you make up about me.
    I'll take the above statement as an answer to my first question, "Yes,
    individual.net threw me off."

    sayNO2steam wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, John Lewis wrote:
    >

    >>Huh.... ??
    >>
    >>Your packaging must have been different from that available
    >>in the US...
    >

    > i'm extremely surprised if not even shocked by knowing US didn't have
    > the "deluxe" Painkiller packaging i saw from a friend, its really a
    > great shame

    ....another game he doesn't own.

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell

    Thusly sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> Spake Unto All:

    >packaging is extremely important for pc games!

    So... Is sayNO2steam his own troll, the thefool troll masquerading
    under a new name to get out of everyones killfiles, or just another
    pseudonym for J the Ghey, the nym shifting twat?

    All of the above?

    I want to know if I should killfile him for being difool, being J the
    Ghey, or being a moron.

    Mean_Chlorine wrote:
    > Thusly sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> Spake Unto All:
    >

    >>packaging is extremely important for pc games!
    >

    > So... Is sayNO2steam his own troll, the thefool troll masquerading
    > under a new name to get out of everyones killfiles, or just another
    > pseudonym for J the Ghey, the nym shifting twat?
    >
    > All of the above?
    >
    > I want to know if I should killfile him for being difool, being J the
    > Ghey, or being a moron.

    How about all three or just take it on faith that the guy needs to be
    plonked. He's gone here.

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell

    "Mean_Chlorine" <wrote

    > So... Is sayNO2steam his own troll, the thefool troll masquerading
    > under a new name to get out of everyones killfiles, or just another
    > pseudonym for J the Ghey, the nym shifting twat?

    > All of the above?

    > I want to know if I should killfile him for being difool, being J the
    > Ghey, or being a moron.

    sayNO2steam is the alt.personality of DiFool that talks about other games
    too.

    Mean_Chlorine wrote:

    > I want to know if I should killfile him for being difool, being J the
    > Ghey, or being a moron.

    Of course, sayNO2steam is difool.

    >>>Your packaging must have been different from that available
    >>>in the US...
    >>

    >> i'm extremely surprised if not even shocked by knowing US didn't have
    >> the "deluxe" Painkiller packaging i saw from a friend, its really a
    >> great shame
    >>

    > ...another game he doesn't own.

    If difool does actually have any games at all, I suspect the only packaging
    he gets are .rar & .zip files.

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

    > "Yes, individual.net threw me off."

    no! they didn't! fortunately!
    its the only news server i have access to, the one from my isp has
    a very bad news feed and it only receives 1/3 of the posts
    at this point in time i can afford to pay for a news server which i
    did in the past
    that server is my only link to the usenet!
    thank god i still have it! cause it would be very damaging for me
    being throw out and cut access to newsgroups
    like many of the pro-steam i think you also tried to do it, try to
    damage me! and why? only cause i'm too passionate for pc games and
    i'm fighting the biggest threat to it, valve and steam!
    shame on you mr hank and every pro-steam who tries to damage me!

    --
    steam is probably the dream every mother had for bad behaved children
    but obviously its george orwell "1984" made reality for grown ups

    sayNO2steam wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:
    >
    >> "Yes, individual.net threw me off."
    >
    > no! they didn't! fortunately!
    > its the only news server i have access to, the one from my isp has
    > a very bad news feed and it only receives 1/3 of the posts
    > at this point in time i can afford to pay for a news server which i
    > did in the past
    > that server is my only link to the usenet!
    > thank god i still have it! cause it would be very damaging for me
    > being throw out and cut access to newsgroups
    > like many of the pro-steam i think you also tried to do it, try to
    > damage me! and why? only cause i'm too passionate for pc games and
    > i'm fighting the biggest threat to it, valve and steam!
    > shame on you mr hank and every pro-steam who tries to damage me!

    You're damaging yourself better than anyone else could.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games