Half-Life 2 settings dont stick

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

This has happened several times before then it seemed to cure itself but its
reoccured so Im asking for help. I alter settings from the default 1024 high
settings to medium settings for more performance but when I next boot up its
switched back to the defaults.

Yes this has also happened to be a couple of times, what i did was
reinstall which takes a while then update it all again and i guess
everything worked out fine for me...

>This has happened several times before then it seemed to cure itself but its
>reoccured so Im asking for help. I alter settings from the default 1024 high
>settings to medium settings for more performance but when I next boot up its
>switched back to the defaults.

I keep having to reset my speakers to 5.1 every time I start the
game.

Does anyone know how to stop Steam from starting Deathmatch when I put
the CD in? I don't play DM. Tried it once when it 1st came out, but
the latency was bad.

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

pw wrote:
>>This has happened several times before then it seemed to cure itself but its
>>reoccured so Im asking for help. I alter settings from the default 1024 high
>>settings to medium settings for more performance but when I next boot up its
>>switched back to the defaults.
>>

> I keep having to reset my speakers to 5.1 every time I start the
> game.
>
> Does anyone know how to stop Steam from starting Deathmatch when I put
> the CD in? I don't play DM. Tried it once when it 1st came out, but
> the latency was bad.

Umm, you really can't be that stupid.

Surely you've noticed by now that the retail version of Half-Life 2 no
longer requires the CD to run.