moto v600 - cracked facia/flip

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I have had this phone for 3 days, set everything up perfectly (games, pics,
ringtones, email access, BT etc) and its developed a small crack on the
front facia. Searched google and it came up with this:
http://tinyurl.com/3yxrz
So it seems to be pretty common. Rang O2 and they are sending me out a new
one. I'm afraid it will happen again, but after the 14 days cooloff meaning
ill have to deal with Moto and have allot of hassle. Has this happened to
anyone else here? There is not another O2 upgrade phone I really want (they
don't do z600 anymore) and I love this phone but I don't want it if they are
faulty!

Why on earth would Moto release a a phone with a fault issue, its beyond
me!? had it 3 days and its cracked. I'm so careful with my phones, never
dropped one yet, always keep it in my pocket by itself unlike people I know
who abuse there phones. Its so annoyingly frustrating! *Vent vent vent*

ARGH!
6 answers Last reply
More about moto v600 cracked facia flip
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "CryOnwards" <mjjpbNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have had this phone for 3 days, set everything up perfectly (games,
    pics,
    > ringtones, email access, BT etc) and its developed a small crack on the
    > front facia. Searched google and it came up with this:
    > http://tinyurl.com/3yxrz
    > So it seems to be pretty common. Rang O2 and they are sending me out a new
    > one. I'm afraid it will happen again, but after the 14 days cooloff
    meaning
    > ill have to deal with Moto and have allot of hassle. Has this happened to
    > anyone else here? There is not another O2 upgrade phone I really want
    (they
    > don't do z600 anymore) and I love this phone but I don't want it if they
    are
    > faulty!
    >
    > Why on earth would Moto release a a phone with a fault issue, its beyond
    > me!? had it 3 days and its cracked. I'm so careful with my phones, never
    > dropped one yet, always keep it in my pocket by itself unlike people I
    know
    > who abuse there phones. Its so annoyingly frustrating! *Vent vent vent*
    >
    > ARGH!

    Yep, I've got the crack. It's not pretty. Not sure if Moto have admitted a
    manufacturing fault. Apprently, there is a model with a rubber strip, but
    I've heard this doesn't solve the problem, as doesn't the models with a
    'groovy' - i've had this groove on mine since i received it in mid-jan but
    mine cracked within a week :'(

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > Yep, I've got the crack. It's not pretty. Not sure if Moto have admitted a
    > manufacturing fault. Apprently, there is a model with a rubber strip, but
    > I've heard this doesn't solve the problem, as doesn't the models with a
    > 'groovy' - i've had this groove on mine since i received it in mid-jan but
    > mine cracked within a week :'(

    Its totally wrong isn't it? I doubt they would not of known about this at
    the time of release, they do TEST their phones do they not!? mine is on the
    chrome bezel on the front if you know where I mean. Its about 1cm now but I
    read of the "crack" getting larger.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:33:01 +0100, "CryOnwards" <mjjpbNOSPAM@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I have had this phone for 3 days, set everything up perfectly (games, pics,
    >ringtones, email access, BT etc) and its developed a small crack on the
    >front facia. Searched google and it came up with this:
    >http://tinyurl.com/3yxrz
    >So it seems to be pretty common. Rang O2 and they are sending me out a new
    >one. I'm afraid it will happen again, but after the 14 days cooloff meaning
    >ill have to deal with Moto and have allot of hassle. Has this happened to
    >anyone else here? There is not another O2 upgrade phone I really want (they
    >don't do z600 anymore) and I love this phone but I don't want it if they are
    >faulty!
    >
    >Why on earth would Moto release a a phone with a fault issue, its beyond
    >me!? had it 3 days and its cracked. I'm so careful with my phones, never
    >dropped one yet, always keep it in my pocket by itself unlike people I know
    >who abuse there phones. Its so annoyingly frustrating! *Vent vent vent*
    >
    >ARGH!

    I am soooooo glad that I chose a Z600 and then when the wife's phone was up
    for renewal and she didn't want another phone (don't you just love women!),
    got another shiny brand new one as a spare!!

    I know it's not much consolation, but if you can swap it for a Z600..you
    won't be disappointed.
    --

    Regards

    John [Harold Hill, Essex, UK]
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "JC" <johncalias-usenet@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    [snip]

    > I am soooooo glad that I chose a Z600 and then when the wife's phone was
    up
    > for renewal and she didn't want another phone (don't you just love
    women!),
    > got another shiny brand new one as a spare!!
    >
    > I know it's not much consolation, but if you can swap it for a Z600..you
    > won't be disappointed.

    I waited and waited for the Z600 and when it finally arrived i was sorely
    dissapointed with the bulkiness of the phone.
    I know have the V600 and very pleased with it and have not experienced the
    symptoms described elsewhere on the NG.
    Just a shame there is no palm driver for it yet.
    oh my previous phone was an ericsson T39 which has to be crowned the most
    advanced handset of it's time and still puts many top of the range handsets
    of today to shame.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "JC" <johncalias-usenet@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:33:01 +0100, "CryOnwards" <mjjpbNOSPAM@hotmail.com>
    <snippage>

    > >ARGH!
    > >

    > I am soooooo glad that I chose a Z600 and then when the wife's phone was
    up
    > for renewal and she didn't want another phone (don't you just love
    women!),
    > got another shiny brand new one as a spare!!
    >
    > I know it's not much consolation, but if you can swap it for a Z600..you
    > won't be disappointed.
    > --

    O2 Online don't do the Z600 more - and I have no idea why!

    I did contemplate the Z600 for a long time - I was upgrading from a T68,
    which I loved - in the later software revisions at least!

    I had a play with a Z600, but like Avanti i found it just *too* bulky, plus
    i didn't like the way the clamshell was designed on the Z600 - it just
    looked weird! Then i compared the two, and altho I miss IR a little and SE's
    GUI and menu system I'm glad I went for the V600. It's missing IR, and the
    software is flaky in places but i love the metal housing and the style.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > > Yep, I've got the crack. It's not pretty. Not sure if Moto have admitted
    > > manufacturing fault. Apprently, there is a model with a rubber strip,
    but
    > > I've heard this doesn't solve the problem, as doesn't the models with a
    > > 'groovy' - i've had this groove on mine since i received it in mid-jan
    but
    > > mine cracked within a week :'(
    > >

    > Its totally wrong isn't it? I doubt they would not of known about this at
    > the time of release, they do TEST their phones do they not!? mine is on
    the
    > chrome bezel on the front if you know where I mean. Its about 1cm now but
    > read of the "crack" getting larger.

    Yep, absolutely pants! we waited long enough for the phone, and they finish
    it half-arsed! plus, they're not officially admitting to the problem yet,
    although you can see that they've made a few design changes but that has not
    helped. Best thing is keep on phoning them and hassle them, they'll get the
    hint. They're apparently ok about sending out replacement but it's the
    hassle i can't be bothered with!

    The silver trim has cracked on mine, too - a 2mm chunk has come off one
    side, and the other is beginning to crack, as well as the more common crack
    along the black plastic. I got a replacement from O2 after 2 months of
    asking, but i doubt it will be long before it cracks again!

    I'm just looking for a decent case at the moment...waiting for the Body
    Glove, but at the moment the only place i can see a mention of it is e-bay

Motorola Phones