Alein vs. Predator 2 - opening doors

I got Alien vs. Predator 2 for $9.99.

Playing the Marine's - I am trying to open the door. I used my HACK
tool. I hold the button down and it makes noise - but nothing happens.
I shoot the control panel a couple of times. Try again - nothing.

Meanwhile the command is just yelling at me.

Help.

How do I open the damn door!?

Tmuld

On 12 Feb 2005 15:55:24 -0800, tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:

>I got Alien vs. Predator 2 for $9.99.
>
>Playing the Marine's - I am trying to open the door. I used my HACK
>tool. I hold the button down and it makes noise - but nothing happens.
> I shoot the control panel a couple of times. Try again - nothing.
>
>Meanwhile the command is just yelling at me.
>
>Help.
>
>How do I open the damn door!?
>
>Tmuld

Open the panel with the E key then you should get a yellow Icon
meanding to use the hack tool. Now use the hacking tool until it
opens.

<tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote in message
> I got Alien vs. Predator 2 for $9.99.
>
> Playing the Marine's - I am trying to open the door. I used my HACK
> tool. I hold the button down and it makes noise - but nothing happens.
> I shoot the control panel a couple of times. Try again - nothing.
>
> Meanwhile the command is just yelling at me.
>
> Help.
>
> How do I open the damn door!?
>
> Tmuld

make sure you are hacking the PANEL, not the door. The panel it to the
right of the door...looks like a green circuit board.

On 12 Feb 2005 15:55:24 -0800, tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:

>I got Alien vs. Predator 2 for $9.99.
>
>Playing the Marine's - I am trying to open the door. I used my HACK
>tool. I hold the button down and it makes noise - but nothing happens.
> I shoot the control panel a couple of times. Try again - nothing.

I think you turned off your first person weapon display (or it was off to
begin with). This generally causes people to make false assumptions about
what is going on.

With AvP2, you have to hold down the button until the hack or cutting (via
torch) is finished. I don't remember any progress indicator, thus you have
to simply wait and be patient.

shawk

tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:
> I got Alien vs. Predator 2 for $9.99.
>
> Playing the Marine's - I am trying to open the door. I used my HACK
> tool. I hold the button down and it makes noise - but nothing happens.
> I shoot the control panel a couple of times. Try again - nothing.
>
> Meanwhile the command is just yelling at me.
>
> Help.
>
> How do I open the damn door!?
>
> Tmuld

Depends on the icons when you 'look' at a door. If it's green and
roughly like brackets then you just press 'E'. If it's orange and
circuitry shaped then you use the hack tool. Sometimes they are
combined (i.e. press 'E' first to open the panel so that you can use the
hack tool). Does that make sense?

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russell

tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:

> I got Alien vs. Predator 2 for $9.99.
>
> Playing the Marine's - I am trying to open the door. I used my HACK
> tool. I hold the button down and it makes noise - but nothing
> happens. I shoot the control panel a couple of times. Try again -
> nothing.
>
> Meanwhile the command is just yelling at me.
>
> Help.
>
> How do I open the damn door!?
>
> Tmuld

you have to open the pannel before you can hack it, hacking the outside
of the panal does nothing.

i also have a problem with this game, but i think its a bug, or the
disk is scratched.
when playing the alien missions i get up to the bit just after i let
the predator out of his tube thing, then i go around the corner and
jump down the vent.
The next level starts to load but the game hangs. :(

--
DalienX

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:50:03 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com>
wrote:

>i also have a problem with this game, but i think its a bug, or the
>disk is scratched.
>when playing the alien missions i get up to the bit just after i let
>the predator out of his tube thing, then i go around the corner and
>jump down the vent.
>The next level starts to load but the game hangs. :(

I had AvP2 hang on a few loading screens requiring a hard reboot but
after restarting the game it would load from that save spot. I never
had it hang in the spot you are talking about. The Marines and the
Aliens are the only levels worth playing. I just deleted the game from
my HDD yesterday.

TRENDING THREADS