MN-500 can't workgroup a wireless to an E'net device?

I have an MN-500 with 1 wireless laptop and a desktop
connected directly to one of the ethernet ports.

Both machines are in the same workgroup and can see the
Internet thru a cable-modem connected to the MN-500.

The MN-500 sees both clients, but neither client responds
to a ping from the other.

I have turned off the MN-500 firewall, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about workgroup wireless device

    Is the windows firewall on or any other software firewall?

    --
    Jose Rivera, MCP
    Event Horizon Computers

    <Grahamc@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I have an MN-500 with 1 wireless laptop and a desktop
    > connected directly to one of the ethernet ports.
    >
    > Both machines are in the same workgroup and can see the
    > Internet thru a cable-modem connected to the MN-500.
    >
    > The MN-500 sees both clients, but neither client responds
    > to a ping from the other.
    >
    > I have turned off the MN-500 firewall, but it didn't help.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Windows Firewall is on on all computers, but the MN-500
    firewall is off.

    OK, I turned off all the individual firewalls, and turned
    the one on in the hub. Everything works now.

    Very good....

    --
    Jose Rivera, MCP
    Event Horizon Computers

    > OK, I turned off all the individual firewalls, and turned
    > the one on in the hub. Everything works now.

Routers Wireless Networking