Sign in with
Your question

Can't scroll further than the curser

Last response: in Windows 7
April 23, 2012 11:23:43 AM

Hi there

I just bought a new laptop (An ASUS Zenbook).

I have a problem when I'm scrolling in a document (or similar, like this textbox I'm writing in now) - I can't scroll further down than where the curser is in the text. When I try, the screen just jumps back to the curser. If I scroll sideways, I control the position of the curser instead of the position of the screen. It's really annoying.
I use the mousepad on the computer, and I haven't tried an external mouse.

I've got a feeling that it might have something to do with scroll lock, but Asus didn't include a scroll lock button on the Zenbook (who uses that button anyways?)

Can someone relate to this problem and help me out?

Thank you!

More about : scroll curser

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
April 23, 2012 12:14:38 PM

I use the scroll lock ALL the time. Very useful, especially in very long or very wide pages/documents.

Checked the manual already?
There is probably a Fn key combo that does scroll lock for you.
m
l
April 23, 2012 3:07:07 PM

Nope, no Fn combo.. :/  I've checked the manual as well, and that only mentions Caps lock.
m
l
Related resources
April 23, 2012 3:57:08 PM

I looked into getting one of these (haven't yet). A lot of the early reviews mentioned numerous problems with the trackpad.

If you haven't already, go to asus website and download the latest trackpad drivers as they claim to have fixed a lot of the problems.
m
l
April 23, 2012 8:27:35 PM

Hmm.. No, it wasn't a driver problem either.
I heard about the trackpad problems before I bought it aswell, but I don't think that it's bad. It just takes some getting used to. It is really responsive, and it supports three fingers so you can switch between windows (like on macbooks)

Oh well, back to topic. Can anyone confirm if this is a scroll lock issue? Or what is it?
m
l
!