ASIO - playing a wav file - help!

Last response: in Home Audio
August 11, 2004 4:38:00 AM

Hello!

Please help: I'm trying to play a simple wav file using an ASIO
driver.
The wav file is a simple 8k hz file, recorded using a microphone.
I'm using a "Marc 8" by Marian sound card, which calls the
ASIOSTInt32LSB case in the callback.
All I get is a noise with the same amplitude as the original file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Udi

More about : asio playing wav file

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 7:54:19 AM

"udi" <udi_sherf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Please help: I'm trying to play a simple wav file using an ASIO
> driver.

Just get an ASIO music player.

> The wav file is a simple 8k hz file, recorded using a microphone.
> I'm using a "Marc 8" by Marian sound card, which calls the
> ASIOSTInt32LSB case in the callback.
> All I get is a noise with the same amplitude as the original file.

What music player are you currently using?
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 1:15:49 PM

In article <506ad1f2.0408102338.57960fd2@posting.google.com>,
udi_sherf@yahoo.com says...
> The wav file is a simple 8k hz file, recorded using a microphone.
> I'm using a "Marc 8" by Marian sound card, which calls the
> ASIOSTInt32LSB case in the callback.

I don't think there are any audio developers here... try the ASIO
developer's list:

asio2-dev-subscribe@lists.steinberg.net

--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!

In article <zpmdnXkVBPaNTITcRVn-qg@comcast.com>, arnyk@hotpop.com
says...
> > The wav file is a simple 8k hz file, recorded using a microphone.
> > I'm using a "Marc 8" by Marian sound card, which calls the
> > ASIOSTInt32LSB case in the callback.
> > All I get is a noise with the same amplitude as the original file.
>
> What music player are you currently using?

Sounds like he's writing his own.

--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!
Faster: jay at jay dot eff-em | Where are we going?
http://www.jay.fm | Why am I in this handbasket?
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 1:19:53 PM

"Jay Levitt" <jay+news@jay.fm> wrote in message

> In article <zpmdnXkVBPaNTITcRVn-qg@comcast.com>, arnyk@hotpop.com
> says...

>>> The wav file is a simple 8k hz file, recorded using a microphone.
>>> I'm using a "Marc 8" by Marian sound card, which calls the
>>> ASIOSTInt32LSB case in the callback.
>>> All I get is a noise with the same amplitude as the original file.

>> What music player are you currently using?

> Sounds like he's writing his own.

That would explain it.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 3:28:49 AM

Hi,

a quick look at the card's tech specs would have told you that it does
not support 8k... Analog sample rates of 11,05 kHz - 96 kHz are
supported.

Daniel

udi wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Please help: I'm trying to play a simple wav file using an ASIO
> driver.
> The wav file is a simple 8k hz file, recorded using a microphone.
> I'm using a "Marc 8" by Marian sound card, which calls the
> ASIOSTInt32LSB case in the callback.
> All I get is a noise with the same amplitude as the original file.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Udi
Anonymous