Riddick: No manual, no keycard, just an advertisement for ..

I bought mine from Amazon. Is this how they all are?

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

More about riddick manual keycard advertisement

    yep. same with hl2

    rms

    rms wrote:
    > yep. same with hl2
    >
    > rms

    HL2 had at least a "quick-start" card in the retail versions.

    GFree wrote:
    > rms wrote:
    >
    >> yep. same with hl2
    >>
    >> rms
    >

    > HL2 had at least a "quick-start" card in the retail versions.

    My copy of Riddick came with a keycard.

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, pw wrote:

    riddick is a very special game for all us anti-steam pc gamers

    when valve released hl2 with the extremely abusive and intrusive
    steam technology, a game appeared also being FPS, and also being
    from sierra that had half the price and showed a great engine
    and playability... and didn't have steam! ...that game was called
    riddick, so we all have a special care for it
    riddick was hope in a moment of sadness
    but despite that we all agree riddick has some negative points
    i can't talk about it cause i still don't own it but for what i
    read the packaging is one of them... at least the us version

    you can argue that for 19 bucks its right to not include a manual
    and the cds being in paper sleeves, but probably the best should
    be giving the pc gamer two versions, a regular like the one you
    talk about and a "collectors edition" with everything on it

    for me and i believe for most of the pc gamers the packaging is
    very important
    i personally adore when a game comes with create packaging, so i
    think its very important the game publishers not starting to cut
    costs in the packaging

    as for your question of is this always like this
    for budget third party publishers selling games bellow 10 bucks
    yes it is, but for first releases its not
    as far as i know, the majority of first releases came always with
    a decent packaging featuring a manual and a proper way to store
    the cds
    as for the keycard... i must say its also something i like very
    much but lately its not that common seeing it and the keyboard
    controls are usually included inside the manual

    i hope pc games will always be a package product and publishers
    put enough work in making them pleasant and appealing and with
    quality

    for me the package is part of the game as the game itself
    so great games like riddick deserve great packagings

    --
    "pc games are like women, the inside is the most important but
    without good packaging you really won't buy it"

    > My copy of Riddick came with a keycard.

    Mine, too. However, if you'd played one FPS, you've played them all. Just go
    to "Options" or "Configure Controls" (or whatever the developers named it)
    and assign keys to commands you think you'll use.

    BTW, I applaud the minimalistic HUD that Riddick uses. Seems to add to the
    immersion.

    - f_f

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > riddick is a very special game for all us anti-steam pc gamers

    Oh, so you've purchased it and played it?

    "sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, pw wrote:
    >
    > riddick is a very special game for all us anti-steam pc gamers
    >
    > when valve released hl2 with the extremely abusive and intrusive
    > steam technology, a game appeared also being FPS, and also being
    > from sierra that had half the price and showed a great engine
    > and playability... and didn't have steam! ...that game was called
    > riddick, so we all have a special care for it
    > riddick was hope in a moment of sadness
    > but despite that we all agree riddick has some negative points
    > i can't talk about it cause i still don't own it

    You, Sir, are a twat and a half. Riddick is such a bastion of hope and light
    for you in these dark and troubled times of Steam that you cant even be
    bothered to go out and _buy_ it!??!?!? Get off youre ass and plop down the
    $20 bucks if its such a great game and saviour to you. How can you sit there
    and praise a game you've never even played, or if you have, it's been a
    pirate copy?

    Pesonly, Id be happy if they did away with game packaging and just put them
    on the shelf in shrink wrapped plastic jewel cases like music CDs. or
    perhaps the slightly longer DVD cases that videos gome in. just put a manual
    on the game disk as a PDF. WTF do you need some big cardboard box that your
    just going to throw away, or a paper manual that will just collect dust
    anyway. its just extra printing and production work that needs to be done
    and drives the price of games up higher as well as creating more waste.

    "slartibartfast" wrote

    > You, Sir, are a twat and a half. Riddick is such a bastion of hope and
    > light
    > for you in these dark and troubled times of Steam that you cant even be
    > bothered to go out and _buy_ it!??!?!? Get off youre ass and plop down the
    > $20 bucks if its such a great game and saviour to you. How can you sit
    > there
    > and praise a game you've never even played, or if you have, it's been a
    > pirate copy?

    DiFool has been asked which games he owns a couple of times - but he has
    never replied.

    > You, Sir, are a twat and a half. Riddick is such a bastion of hope and
    > light
    > for you in these dark and troubled times of Steam that you cant even be
    > bothered to go out and _buy_ it!??!?!? Get off youre ass and plop down the
    > $20 bucks if its such a great game and saviour to you. How can you sit
    > there
    > and praise a game you've never even played, or if you have, it's been a
    > pirate copy?
    >
    > Pesonly, Id be happy if they did away with game packaging and just put
    > them
    > on the shelf in shrink wrapped plastic jewel cases like music CDs. or
    > perhaps the slightly longer DVD cases that videos gome in. just put a
    > manual
    > on the game disk as a PDF.

    But that's how all my (recent) games are packaged, cept' for Freespace 1+2
    double pack as its a double depth DVD style case. Morrowind was the only
    recent(ish) game I have purchased that came in a cardboard box, slightly
    larger than a normal dvd case.

    WTF do you need some big cardboard box that your
    > just going to throw away, or a paper manual that will just collect dust
    > anyway. its just extra printing and production work that needs to be done
    > and drives the price of games up higher as well as creating more waste.

    >yep. same with hl2
    >
    >rms

    At least HL2 came with a keyboard reference card.

    Not much, I know :-)

    I think I am enjoying Riddick as much or more that HL2 so far. At
    least I put HL2 on hold for the time being

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

    > Oh, so you've purchased it and played it?

    i'm not an early buyer when it comes to pc games
    and riddick was released two months ago... two months!
    so can i please have a little more time to buy it?
    am i asking too much?
    and can't i talk about a game i haven't played?
    is it a sin talking about a game someone has never played?
    why people pick on me for anything

    i will delay riddick for some time cause the next game i
    want to buy is painkiller gold/black edition
    dreamcatcher calls it a "limited" edition and i'm afraid
    not being able to get a copy
    hope it will have a memorable packaging with everything on
    a truly collector edition packaging
    my only problem is what will be the best version, the us
    edition, called "gold" or the uk edition called "black"
    it would be very nice if both early buyers of painkiller
    US and UK editions would make a complete and detailed
    description of both packagings
    hank will you buy the US edition? if so and i recommend
    you do please give us a report about it ok?

    btw painkiller xbox will never be able to reach greatness
    like the pc version! (this one cause you are a xboxer)

    --
    "buying games via download is like eating food without salt
    its completely tasteless unless you sell a game in a package"

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > i'm not an early buyer when it comes to pc games
    > and riddick was released two months ago... two months!
    > so can i please have a little more time to buy it?
    > am i asking too much?
    > and can't i talk about a game i haven't played?
    > is it a sin talking about a game someone has never played?
    > why people pick on me for anything

    All you talk about are games you haven't played. When are you going to talk
    about games you have played?

    > btw painkiller xbox will never be able to reach greatness
    > like the pc version! (this one cause you are a xboxer)

    You say this like it some how upsets me. I'm not as emotionally fragile as
    you. I could care less if the PC version is greater than the Xbox version
    because <difool mode on> I PLAY IT ON MY PC I CAN!!!

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, "slartibartfast" wrote:

    > Pesonly, Id be happy if they did away with game packaging and just put them
    > on the shelf in shrink wrapped plastic jewel cases like music CDs. or

    pc games are not cd music! they are much more special!
    pc games "DESERVE" a better packaging
    so if you don't like pc games that much i understand why you want to
    downgrade them, but we the real pc gamers who really love games want
    it in a "PROPER" packaging, the one available now

    when it comes to pc game packaging what i say to publishers is:
    DON'T CHANGE! cause what we have is great!

    > perhaps the slightly longer DVD cases that videos gome in. just put a manual

    the dvd case is already used in europe and in asia, its an alternative
    personally i would like to have the option of choosing between them in
    any given game but probably its asking too much
    for me perfection would be being able to choose between the "US" european
    and asian edition of any game without any extra cost
    i would like to have "variety" in my pc game collection but i will not
    complain cause its very good the current packaging available

    > on the game disk as a PDF. WTF do you need some big cardboard box that your

    already some first releases don't came with a printed manual
    and the majority of the ones that come, its really not a "full" manual
    but more like a quick reference/installing guide with very few pages
    and most all pc games regardless of whether they have a printed manual,
    come with a pdf electronic version inside the cd-rom
    so again i don't understand your complaint

    > just going to throw away, or a paper manual that will just collect dust

    you throw away cause you bought the wrong product for you!
    if you don't like pc games don't bother buying them!
    buy instead something you REALLY like
    any real gamer will never throw away anything from a game he bought!

    > anyway. its just extra printing and production work that needs to be done
    > and drives the price of games up higher as well as creating more waste.

    that's completely untrue!
    the manufacturing cost of pc games is probably less than 1% of its price

    if you are so concerned about pc games, please focus on important issues
    like steam and piracy ok!

    your complaints are completely worthless when we in pc games face so
    important and challenging problems like steam and piracy

    packaging is perfect in pc games! so don't mess up with something which
    is completely fine!

    put your energy in the only two issues pc games face and leave packaging
    alone, cause when it comes to package everything is alright in pc games!

    fight steam!
    fight piracy!

    --

> [...]
    >
    > that's completely untrue!
    > the manufacturing cost of pc games is probably less than 1% of its price
    >
    > if you are so concerned about pc games, please focus on important issues
    > like steam and piracy ok!
    >
    > your complaints are completely worthless when we in pc games face so
    > important and challenging problems like steam and piracy
    >
    > packaging is perfect in pc games! so don't mess up with something which
    > is completely fine!
    >
    > put your energy in the only two issues pc games face and leave packaging
    > alone, cause when it comes to package everything is alright in pc games!
    >
    > fight steam!
    > fight piracy!
    >
    > --
    > "buying games via download is like eating food without salt
    > its completely tasteless unless you sell a game in a package"

    Yeah, yeah, whatever. To be a real gamer, you have to actually _buy_ the
    game, and play it. let me restate that last part 'cause it's really
    important. _And Play It_. O.K. a key word here is Play. It's a game. It's
    not nuclear disarmament!! you talk as if the fate mankind itself hung in the
    balance of how a game is put up on the shelf for a consumer to buy it. get
    over it!! go outside and get some sun on your pasty skin!! step away from
    the keyboard!!

    Oh and nice job on completely ignoring the first paragraph of my previous
    post. I still think you are a Twat and half.

    >> My copy of Riddick came with a keycard.
    >
    >Mine, too. However, if you'd played one FPS, you've played them all. Just go
    >to "Options" or "Configure Controls" (or whatever the developers named it)
    >and assign keys to commands you think you'll use.
    >
    >BTW, I applaud the minimalistic HUD that Riddick uses. Seems to add to the
    >immersion.
    >
    >- f_f

    A manual would explain what these packs of cigarettes I am picking up
    are for, and what "Game Concept Art 01 has been unlocked. It is now
    available in the Extra Content Menu".

    Guess I will see if I can find the Extra Content Menu :-)

    pw wrote:
    >>> My copy of Riddick came with a keycard.
    >>
    >> Mine, too. However, if you'd played one FPS, you've played them all.
    >> Just go to "Options" or "Configure Controls" (or whatever the
    >> developers named it) and assign keys to commands you think you'll
    >> use.
    >>
    >> BTW, I applaud the minimalistic HUD that Riddick uses. Seems to add
    >> to the immersion.
    >>
    >> - f_f
    >>

    > A manual would explain what these packs of cigarettes I am picking up
    > are for, and what "Game Concept Art 01 has been unlocked. It is now
    > available in the Extra Content Menu".
    >
    > Guess I will see if I can find the Extra Content Menu :-)

    its at the main menu, the cigarettes unlock a whole load of extra stuff, its
    kinda fun, don't know if you get anything extra when u get all of them we'll
    soon see

    --

    You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!

    >>> Mine, too. However, if you'd played one FPS, you've played them all.
    >>> Just go to "Options" or "Configure Controls" (or whatever the
    >>> developers named it) and assign keys to commands you think you'll
    >>> use.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, I applaud the minimalistic HUD that Riddick uses. Seems to add
    >>> to the immersion.
    >>>
    >>> - f_f
    >>>

    >> A manual would explain what these packs of cigarettes I am picking up
    >> are for, and what "Game Concept Art 01 has been unlocked. It is now
    >> available in the Extra Content Menu".
    >>
    >> Guess I will see if I can find the Extra Content Menu :-)
    >>

    >its at the main menu, the cigarettes unlock a whole load of extra stuff, its
    >kinda fun, don't know if you get anything extra when u get all of them we'll
    >soon see

    Thanks!! I will check it out. Hope so!

    -pw
    remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
    (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, "slartibartfast" wrote:

    > Oh and nice job on completely ignoring the first paragraph of my previous
    > post. I still think you are a Twat and half.

    why are you so tough on me?
    obviously its only cause i'm against steam
    in this group the price a pc gamer pays for being against steam is very
    very very very high!
    do you find this fair?
    no its not fair!
    its wrong!

    as for me ignoring... are you talking about buying riddick?
    i thought you would also read my follow up to hank post but i guess i was
    wrong...
    like i said to him and i repeat to you, i will delay buying riddick for
    a month or so, cause i decided for the next game to be painkiller gold
    black edition and unfortunately for that version i will have to pay full
    price cause i don't believe i could ever find it with discount

    but everytime i read someone replying to me, i feel this group has a gun
    to my head! and you tell me to calm down... you calm down! be assured
    i'll buy riddick, you know why? cause i like it! cause buying riddick
    give me pleasure! cause playing it and owning it is my main hobby!
    everything i do with pc games is completely for my personal enjoyment!
    total freedom!
    i will buy riddick not cause you or anyone tells me, but just cause i'll
    have a hell of enjoyment buying it! owing it! and playing it!
    that's why i will NEVER buy hl2 cause only thinking about it disgust me!

    nobody will ever tell me what games to buy
    HL2 NEVER EVER!

    --
    its only in the hands of every pc gamer defend what he likes the most
    its only pc gamers who will lose with piracy cause the publishers and

    sayNO2piracy wrote:

    > like i said to him and i repeat to you, i will delay buying riddick
    > for a month or so, cause i decided for the next game to be painkiller
    > gold black edition and unfortunately for that version i will have to
    > pay full price cause i don't believe i could ever find it with
    > discount

    Make sure you post your thoughts on the game when you've played them.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:37:38 +0000, sayNO2piracy
    <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >why are you so tough on me?

    When everyone in a newsgroup is insulting you, I think you should take
    the hint. *plonk* yet another name change.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:37:38 +0000, sayNO2piracy
    > <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>why are you so tough on me?
    >

    > When everyone in a newsgroup is insulting you, I think you should take
    > the hint. *plonk* yet another name change.

    LOL, and too stupid to change his replyto email - thus being caught in
    my filters :)
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

    > Make sure you post your thoughts on the game when you've played them.

    for me to play a game i must buy it first! right?
    and for me to buy a game i must have information, know what kind of game
    it is, what kind of packaging it has, what kind of copy protection it
    includes, what kind of price is it selling at, and to know about all that
    i need to exchange thoughts and information with other gamers! right?
    so please and once and for all, let me write about games i've not played
    so i can have all the info needed to make the decision of whether or not
    its a game for me so i should buy it

    i talked about riddick and found out is a game for me and a game i'll buy
    i talked about hl2 and found out is not a game for me and i'll never buy

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    against steam campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:22:10 -0700, pw
    <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote:

    >I bought mine from Amazon. Is this how they all are?

    I got a keycard with mine. That's all you need to play it. Plus the
    game has ingame hints when you first start playing it.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > i talked about riddick and found out is a game for me and a game i'll
    > buy

    And when you actually buy the game let us know what you think. Why is this
    so difficult?
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:27:50 -0700, "Hank the Rapper"
    <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

    >And when you actually buy the game let us know what you think. Why is this
    >so difficult?

    Here's my comments. I bought the game on friday afternoon and I
    finished it last night (Sat.). It was too short but what was there was
    very well done and the graphics are the best I've seen to date. I'll
    replay it again soon on the hard level and maybe with the commentary
    on. I hope the developers do a sequel but make it much longer and
    maybe add MP.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Trinity wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:27:50 -0700, "Hank the Rapper"
    > <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>And when you actually buy the game let us know what you think. Why is this
    >>so difficult?
    >>

    > Here's my comments. I bought the game on friday afternoon and I
    > finished it last night (Sat.). It was too short but what was there was
    > very well done and the graphics are the best I've seen to date. I'll
    > replay it again soon on the hard level and maybe with the commentary
    > on. I hope the developers do a sequel but make it much longer and
    > maybe add MP.

    Finished it again last week with the developers commentary. Some of it
    is very good and there are some tips and tricks given away but I really
    do think they should have sat down prior to recording with a pen and pad
    and considered what they wanted to say - not written a script - just
    thought about it.

    Much of it was halting, a lot of it was rambling and I couldn't listen
    to the guys saying err and erm for longer than 2 minutes or so. When
    you consider may of the clips went on for up to 15 minutes there was a
    lot of information I missed. An editied version would be nice - I *am*
    interested in hearing about how and why development decisions were made
    and I think this was an opportunity partly missed

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Shawk wrote:
    > Trinity wrote:
    >> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:27:50 -0700, "Hank the Rapper"
    >> <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>> And when you actually buy the game let us know what you think. Why
    >>> is this so difficult?
    >>>

    >> Here's my comments. I bought the game on friday afternoon and I
    >> finished it last night (Sat.). It was too short but what was there
    >> was very well done and the graphics are the best I've seen to date.
    >> I'll replay it again soon on the hard level and maybe with the
    >> commentary on. I hope the developers do a sequel but make it much
    >> longer and maybe add MP.
    >
    > Finished it again last week with the developers commentary. Some of
    > it is very good and there are some tips and tricks given away but I
    > really do think they should have sat down prior to recording with a
    > pen and pad and considered what they wanted to say - not written a
    > script - just thought about it.
    >
    > Much of it was halting, a lot of it was rambling and I couldn't listen
    > to the guys saying err and erm for longer than 2 minutes or so. When
    > you consider may of the clips went on for up to 15 minutes there was a
    > lot of information I missed. An editied version would be nice - I
    > *am* interested in hearing about how and why development decisions
    > were made and I think this was an opportunity partly missed

    yeah that was my only gripe with the commentary if only they could have done
    it the way doom 3's voice messages on the pdas were done so you could keep
    playin

    --

    You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Stoned Monkey wrote:

    > yeah that was my only gripe with the commentary if only they could
    > have done it the way doom 3's voice messages on the pdas were done so
    > you could keep playin

    Right now difool is confused and wondering why people are talking about the
    gameplay of Riddick and not the packaging and copy-protection.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Hank the Rapper wrote:
    > Stoned Monkey wrote:
    >

    >>yeah that was my only gripe with the commentary if only they could
    >>have done it the way doom 3's voice messages on the pdas were done so
    >>you could keep playin
    >

    > Right now difool is confused and wondering why people are talking about the
    > gameplay of Riddick and not the packaging and copy-protection.

    ....oh I dont know. He could still join in conversations about gameplay.
    After all, he knows absolutely nothing about the other subjects he
    talks about either...

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:50:04 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
    : Finished it again last week with the developers commentary.

    Where pray tell is the switch to turn on commentary? Is it on the
    options menu or do I need cdaudio hooked up or ___ ? To save trouble,
    yes, I am indeed st00pid for missing something so ... obvious.

    I'll say this about the game, the language sure seems lots raunchier
    than the language in the movies. (Just saying. ISTM it's
    appropriately dirty and fits the atmosphere very, very, very well)
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:58:19 GMT, hgoldste@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein)
    wrote:

    >I'll say this about the game, the language sure seems lots raunchier
    >than the language in the movies. (Just saying. ISTM it's
    >appropriately dirty and fits the atmosphere very, very, very well)

    Yea, one guy in this group wanted to know how to get rid of the foul
    language. I thought it was great myself.
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Where pray tell is the switch to turn on commentary? Is it on the
    >options menu or do I need cdaudio hooked up or ___ ? To save trouble,
    >yes, I am indeed st00pid for missing something so ... obvious.

    You get the option when you have finished playing the game.
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    >On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:22:10 -0700, pw
    ><***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I bought mine from Amazon. Is this how they all are?
    >
    >I got a keycard with mine. That's all you need to play it. Plus the
    >game has ingame hints when you first start playing it.

    Thanks Chris. I didn't even get that! Not the 1st time this has
    happened in a game I've purchased.

    I went through the options and made my own.

    -pw
    remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
    (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Trinity wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:58:19 GMT, hgoldste@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein)
    > wrote:
    >

    >> I'll say this about the game, the language sure seems lots raunchier
    >> than the language in the movies. (Just saying. ISTM it's
    >> appropriately dirty and fits the atmosphere very, very, very well)
    >>

    > Yea, one guy in this group wanted to know how to get rid of the foul
    > language. I thought it was great myself.

    he just wanted to tone it down in case his young kids heard him playin it

    --

    You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Stoned Monkey wrote:
    > Trinity wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:58:19 GMT, hgoldste@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein)
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I'll say this about the game, the language sure seems lots raunchier
    >>> than the language in the movies. (Just saying. ISTM it's
    >>> appropriately dirty and fits the atmosphere very, very, very well)
    >>>

    >> Yea, one guy in this group wanted to know how to get rid of the foul
    >> language. I thought it was great myself.
    >

    > he just wanted to tone it down in case his young kids heard him playin it

    Headphones? A nice, simple, common-sense solution.
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    GFree wrote:
    > Stoned Monkey wrote:
    >> Trinity wrote:

    >>> Yea, one guy in this group wanted to know how to get rid of the foul
    >>> language. I thought it was great myself.
    >>

    >> he just wanted to tone it down in case his young kids heard him
    >> playin it
    >>

    > Headphones? A nice, simple, common-sense solution.

    yeah, thats what he decided to get

    --

    You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    : wrote:
    :
    : >Where pray tell is the switch to turn on commentary? Is it on the
    : >options menu or do I need cdaudio hooked up or ___ ? To save trouble,
    : >yes, I am indeed st00pid for missing something so ... obvious.
    :
    : You get the option when you have finished playing the game.

    Ahhh, thank you, I thought I looked everywhere for the switch and kept
    overlooking it. The commentary might be a good excuse to replay it on
    a higher difficulty level.

PC gaming Video Games Product