  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:09:10 PM

Anyone here play this? :o )

More about : america army

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:09:11 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:09:10 -0000, "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> wrote:

>Anyone here play this? :o )

used to
But they deleted my account and I don't want to start over with
training again. ;(
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:20:06 AM

Thusly "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> Spake Unto All:

>Anyone here play this? :o )

Not any more. Too much cheating. It's positively silly on the EU honor
servers. Last I played I was the _only_ player who didn't see the
opposition giving off red light, who couldn't call up a radar to see
where all enemies were, who didn't have a "flak jacket", and who
didn't have auto-aim + auto-fire.

Too bad, because I really liked the game.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 17, 2005 11:14:59 AM

On 2005-02-16, Carcon <blah@blah.com> wrote:
> Anyone here play this? :o )

I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
game.

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> looked up from reading
the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
signs say:

>Thusly "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> Spake Unto All:
>
>>Anyone here play this? :o )
><snip
>Last I played I was the _only_ player who didn't see the
>opposition giving off red light,

The fps equivalent of "nuke them till they glow, then shoot them in the
dark"?

Xocyll
February 17, 2005 1:09:27 PM

Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

>On 2005-02-16, Carcon <blah@blah.com> wrote:
>> Anyone here play this? :o )
>
>I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
>teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
>game.

As the lecture is about 2 minutes long, I can see that it might be too
long for some people to sit through.

Mind you, you'd really have hated the special forces qualification
level.
February 17, 2005 1:09:28 PM

On 2005-02-17, Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:
>
>>On 2005-02-16, Carcon <blah@blah.com> wrote:
>>> Anyone here play this? :o )
>>
>>I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
>>teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
>>game.
>
> As the lecture is about 2 minutes long, I can see that it might be too
> long for some people to sit through.
>
> Mind you, you'd really have hated the special forces qualification
> level.

I did the first aid one (it was really easy) but the one after it was
much harder (vehicle identification). After spending about 40 minutes on
them, I felt like a mug and decided to do something enjoyable instead.

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:54:52 +0000, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

>On 2005-02-17, Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

>>>I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
>>>teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
>>>game.
>>
>> As the lecture is about 2 minutes long, I can see that it might be too
>> long for some people to sit through.
>>
>> Mind you, you'd really have hated the special forces qualification
>> level.
>>

>I did the first aid one (it was really easy) but the one after it was
>much harder (vehicle identification). After spending about 40 minutes on
>them, I felt like a mug and decided to do something enjoyable instead.

And just what isn't fun about feeling like a mug!?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 2:23:59 PM

"Carcon" <blah@blah.com> wrote:
> Anyone here play this? :o )

Yep, every once in awhile. Used to play often but like the others said,
too many cheats.
If you are patient and find a good server it's still enjoyable.
I'd play more if more people used voice comms, it makes the game a lot
easier coordinating an attack or defence.
I'd also like to see more FLS servers, particularly on the US west coast (honor)
and in Australia (non-honor). It's my favourite map.

--
Regards, Bob (Pvt.Vegemite)
Anonymous

<emilo@comcast.com> wrote:

> used to
> But they deleted my account and I don't want to start over with
> training again. ;(

Well that's one time I would cheat. Getting a pass in Advanced Marksmanship
was hard, I got 36/40 after 3 days :-(
If you really did the training then do a google search. There are (easy) ways to
get your account back to what it was before.
Mind you I find everything besides sniper training to be fairly easy. I still
play EandE just for fun.

--
Regards, Bob
Anonymous

"Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> <emilo@comcast.com> wrote:
>
>> used to
>> But they deleted my account and I don't want to start over with
>> training again. ;(
>
> Well that's one time I would cheat. Getting a pass in Advanced
> Marksmanship
> was hard, I got 36/40 after 3 days :-(
> If you really did the training then do a google search. There are (easy)
> ways to
> get your account back to what it was before.
> Mind you I find everything besides sniper training to be fairly easy. I
> still
> play EandE just for fun.
>
> --
> Regards, Bob

lol for fun? That drove me nuts for days! I will be happy if i never see it
again!

Fls is my favourite map also along with weapons cache. As long as you play
on leased servers with an admin present you should have no trouble with
hackers...I avoid official servers now because of them.

Theres a new patch coming out soon too, can't wait to see what thats going
to be like!
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 2:29:15 PM

Thusly "Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> Spake Unto All:

>Well that's one time I would cheat. Getting a pass in Advanced Marksmanship
>was hard, I got 36/40 after 3 days :-(

There's a trick to it: Turn mouse sensitivity down to minimum.

That's right: minimum. As slow as possible.

The only reason marksmanship is hard is because the "movement quantum"
of the aim is bigger than the most distant targets unless you have the
mouse sensitivity set to a very low value. Try it and you'll see.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:12:13 AM

New patch released today with 2 new maps and a few updates :o )
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:46:08 PM

"Mean_Chlorine" <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> There's a trick to it: Turn mouse sensitivity down to minimum.

Yeah, good tip. I found out about that after the fact but even while playing
I now have my mouse sensitivity down quite a bit, it's easier to get head shots.

--
Regards, Bob