America's Army

Anyone here play this? :o)
13 answers Last reply
More about america army

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:09:10 -0000, "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> wrote:

    >Anyone here play this? :o)

    used to
    But they deleted my account and I don't want to start over with
    training again. ;(

    Thusly "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> Spake Unto All:

    >Anyone here play this? :o)

    Not any more. Too much cheating. It's positively silly on the EU honor
    servers. Last I played I was the _only_ player who didn't see the
    opposition giving off red light, who couldn't call up a radar to see
    where all enemies were, who didn't have a "flak jacket", and who
    didn't have auto-aim + auto-fire.

    Too bad, because I really liked the game.

    On 2005-02-16, Carcon <blah@blah.com> wrote:
    > Anyone here play this? :o)

    I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
    teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
    game.

    --
    Toby.
    FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

    Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> looked up from reading
    the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
    signs say:

    >Thusly "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>Anyone here play this? :o)
    ><snip
    >Last I played I was the _only_ player who didn't see the
    >opposition giving off red light,

    The fps equivalent of "nuke them till they glow, then shoot them in the
    dark"?

    Xocyll

    Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

    >On 2005-02-16, Carcon <blah@blah.com> wrote:
    >> Anyone here play this? :o)
    >
    >I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
    >teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
    >game.

    As the lecture is about 2 minutes long, I can see that it might be too
    long for some people to sit through.

    Mind you, you'd really have hated the special forces qualification
    level.

    On 2005-02-17, Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    > Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>On 2005-02-16, Carcon <blah@blah.com> wrote:
    >>> Anyone here play this? :o)
    >>
    >>I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
    >>teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
    >>game.
    >
    > As the lecture is about 2 minutes long, I can see that it might be too
    > long for some people to sit through.
    >
    > Mind you, you'd really have hated the special forces qualification
    > level.

    I did the first aid one (it was really easy) but the one after it was
    much harder (vehicle identification). After spending about 40 minutes on
    them, I felt like a mug and decided to do something enjoyable instead.

    --
    Toby.
    FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:54:52 +0000, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

    >On 2005-02-17, Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >> Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

    >>>I stopped playing this when I had to sit in a classroom and listen to a
    >>>teacher for 40 minutes, followed by a test, in order to advance the
    >>>game.
    >>
    >> As the lecture is about 2 minutes long, I can see that it might be too
    >> long for some people to sit through.
    >>
    >> Mind you, you'd really have hated the special forces qualification
    >> level.
    >>

    >I did the first aid one (it was really easy) but the one after it was
    >much harder (vehicle identification). After spending about 40 minutes on
    >them, I felt like a mug and decided to do something enjoyable instead.

    And just what isn't fun about feeling like a mug!?

    "Carcon" <blah@blah.com> wrote:
    > Anyone here play this? :o)

    Yep, every once in awhile. Used to play often but like the others said,
    too many cheats.
    If you are patient and find a good server it's still enjoyable.
    I'd play more if more people used voice comms, it makes the game a lot
    easier coordinating an attack or defence.
    I'd also like to see more FLS servers, particularly on the US west coast (honor)
    and in Australia (non-honor). It's my favourite map.

    --
    Regards, Bob (Pvt.Vegemite)

    <emilo@comcast.com> wrote:

    > used to
    > But they deleted my account and I don't want to start over with
    > training again. ;(

    Well that's one time I would cheat. Getting a pass in Advanced Marksmanship
    was hard, I got 36/40 after 3 days :-(
    If you really did the training then do a google search. There are (easy) ways to
    get your account back to what it was before.
    Mind you I find everything besides sniper training to be fairly easy. I still
    play EandE just for fun.

    --
    Regards, Bob

    "Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > <emilo@comcast.com> wrote:
    >
    >> used to
    >> But they deleted my account and I don't want to start over with
    >> training again. ;(
    >
    > Well that's one time I would cheat. Getting a pass in Advanced
    > Marksmanship
    > was hard, I got 36/40 after 3 days :-(
    > If you really did the training then do a google search. There are (easy)
    > ways to
    > get your account back to what it was before.
    > Mind you I find everything besides sniper training to be fairly easy. I
    > still
    > play EandE just for fun.
    >
    > --
    > Regards, Bob

    lol for fun? That drove me nuts for days! I will be happy if i never see it
    again!

    Fls is my favourite map also along with weapons cache. As long as you play
    on leased servers with an admin present you should have no trouble with
    hackers...I avoid official servers now because of them.

    Theres a new patch coming out soon too, can't wait to see what thats going
    to be like!

    Thusly "Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> Spake Unto All:

    >Well that's one time I would cheat. Getting a pass in Advanced Marksmanship
    >was hard, I got 36/40 after 3 days :-(

    There's a trick to it: Turn mouse sensitivity down to minimum.

    That's right: minimum. As slow as possible.

    The only reason marksmanship is hard is because the "movement quantum"
    of the aim is bigger than the most distant targets unless you have the
    mouse sensitivity set to a very low value. Try it and you'll see.

    New patch released today with 2 new maps and a few updates :o)

    "Mean_Chlorine" <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > There's a trick to it: Turn mouse sensitivity down to minimum.

    Yeah, good tip. I found out about that after the fact but even while playing
    I now have my mouse sensitivity down quite a bit, it's easier to get head shots.

    --
    Regards, Bob

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games