Yamaha MC1602 Vs Behringer 8 Channel

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound (More info?)

I own a Behringer 16 channel board. Technically it's an 8 mic channel
board with the rest being stereo line inputs. Don't remember model
number; 1604 I think.
I have a line on a yamaha MC1602 for $100.00. This particular music
store would probably take mine in trade, perhaps straight across.
Would that be a step up for me?
It would give me an additional Aux and a few other features.
I'm more worried about whether it will be an improvement in sound
quality and/or reliability.

What say you all?

Thanks,
Shawn
2 answers Last reply
More about yamaha mc1602 behringer channel
  1. Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound (More info?)

    "Shawn" <Shawn@Thrillofthechase.biz> wrote in message
    > I own a Behringer 16 channel board. Technically it's an 8 mic channel
    > board with the rest being stereo line inputs. Don't remember model
    > number; 1604 I think.
    > I have a line on a yamaha MC1602 for $100.00. This particular music
    > store would probably take mine in trade, perhaps straight across.
    > Would that be a step up for me?
    > It would give me an additional Aux and a few other features.
    > I'm more worried about whether it will be an improvement in sound
    > quality and/or reliability.
    >
    > What say you all?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shawn

    my MC 2403 dosent get used much but when i need it it does the job.
    it has nice big VU meter that you can see day or night
    heavy duty constructuion
    wide spaced channels

    the plastic fader knobs have a tendency to come off... check for loose ones
    and put a little piece of paper or something in them to keep them in place.

    i have a Behringer 2642A on the way to make a rack mount system.

    i installed a Behringer 3242 in a radio station last month. the staff really
    liked it. replaced a mackie SR24-4. had been working fine for over 7 years
    of continous operation.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound (More info?)

    "Shawn" <Shawn@Thrillofthechase.biz> wrote in message
    > I own a Behringer 16 channel board. Technically it's an 8 mic channel
    > board with the rest being stereo line inputs. Don't remember model
    > number; 1604 I think.
    > I have a line on a yamaha MC1602 for $100.00. This particular music
    > store would probably take mine in trade, perhaps straight across.
    > Would that be a step up for me?
    > It would give me an additional Aux and a few other features.
    > I'm more worried about whether it will be an improvement in sound
    > quality and/or reliability.
    >
    > What say you all?

    I have an old MC802 which I had meant to replace with a GL2200 however I
    just ended up with another desk as it does the Job, Sounds pretty Good and
    is a nice simple desk to use so it is still the Desk I send out most often
    especially as most Musicians etc can drive it with no problems....
    For $100 (I assume USD which makes it around $200 Aud) if it is in fair,
    working condition it should be a reasonably good buy and if Roadcased
    properly should be fairly reliable and do the Job well - bear in mind that
    this was never a high end desk to begin with however they were much better
    built than the modern Yamaha lower end desks. just check that none of the
    Pots are too scratchy and it would probably be a good buy - bearing in mind
    that I am in Australia and may not have a fair grasp on what such a board
    might really be worth in the US

    Regards
    Richard Freeman

Pro Audio Audio Yamaha