Sign in with
Your question

Sony digital camera driver download windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
February 14, 2013 5:32:35 PM

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have windows 8 and am looking for a modestly priced digital camera to use for my work. Is there a specific make I should be looking at and do you have any advice for me. Many thanks.
Onyx
February 14, 2013 6:16:56 PM

Without knowing what your works is, we cannot recommend model / make.

Go to a store that sells them. Skip over cameras costing below $80, and look for a brand-name camera (Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Samsung, Olympus) that you like in your hands, and like the price. All cameras in $100-$200 range perform more or less the same.

If you have any specific requests (e.g. macro/wide, or large optical zoom),
m
l
May 21, 2013 2:10:13 PM

Alabalcho said:
Without knowing what your works is, we cannot recommend model / make.

Go to a store that sells them. Skip over cameras costing below $80, and look for a brand-name camera (Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Samsung, Olympus) that you like in your hands, and like the price. All cameras in $100-$200 range perform more or less the same.

If you have any specific requests (e.g. macro/wide, or large optical zoom),

Hi,
I believe Onyx may be in a similar situation as I am. I am in school and I need a camera that will shoot in RAW mode. Do all digital cameras shoot in RA mode? Do all digital cameras work with Windows 8? I looked thru ebay and I found many moderately priced cameras but many of them said they only work with everything up to but not including Windows 8.

Does that mean that I would have to download a driver to get them to work with Windows 8 or will they NOT work with Windows 8 at all? The Canon Powershot A480 is one example. And about $80 is my upper limit o I am very open to something previously used. Any help in understanding this is appreciated. Camera-Shy and Camera-Dumb. Thanks.

m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2013 2:11:03 PM

Hi,
I believe Onyx may be in a similar situation as I am. I am in school and I need a camera that will shoot in RAW mode. Do all digital cameras shoot in RA mode? Do all digital cameras work with Windows 8? I looked thru ebay and I found many moderately priced cameras but many of them said they only work with everything up to but not including Windows 8.

Does that mean that I would have to download a driver to get them to work with Windows 8 or will they NOT work with Windows 8 at all? The Canon Powershot A480 is one example. And about $80 is my upper limit o I am very open to something previously used. Any help in understanding this is appreciated. Camera-Shy and Camera-Dumb. Thanks. OxygenLynne
m
l
May 21, 2013 7:19:25 PM

RAW mode is an exception, and just a few point-and-shoot cameras support it. Most of DSLR do.
If you are into hacking - some of Canon shooters can be "upgraded" with custom firmware which supports RAW. Check http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK for supported models.

As for Windows 8: Every (ok, almost every) camera would appear to Windows as a flash drive, so you should be able to copy your photos off the camera.
m
l
June 5, 2013 7:04:39 PM

Thanks Alabalcho, I appreciate the help. Another question...concerning RAW, isn't that just me setting the aperture/ISO to take an 'imbalanced' photo rather than using 'auto'? I barely know which end of the camera to look thru, but I am learning. Thanks again!
m
l
June 6, 2013 11:56:11 AM

Aperture/ISO/Shutter speeds are applied during image capture, most in the way old film cameras used to work. After that, consumer cameras convert the image to JPG format according to some presets, once and forever.

In RAW mode means that the file contains raw information from the sensor, without any processing. Post-processing software would allow to set parameters like white balance, color curves etc, using all the information available from the sensor.
m
l
!