Battlefield 2 screenshots

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Very impressive. Awesome detail. You can see wrinkles in the fatigues and
cracks in the asphalt. What graphics engine does it use?

DaveL

Andrew wrote:
> http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/battlefield2/Battlefield+2/1/021805
>
> Looking damn good IMO.

The real-time lighting system in these next generation games give an
overly plastic quality to the game world -particularly the models. It
looked well enough in Doom 3 I suppose but a bit off in Battlefield 2
and some of the Oblivion screenshots. Hmm. Every first generation
adopters of new technology have to deal with the growing pains it would
seem. I'm sure it'll look even more impressive in action. Oh well.

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:25:14 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
wrote:

>http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/battlefield2/Battlefield+2/1/021805
>
>Looking damn good IMO.

Looks like I'll need that next gen graphics card afterall. Actually,
Chronicles of Riddick is showing me that now.

Andrew

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:53:11 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Very impressive. Awesome detail. You can see wrinkles in the fatigues and
>cracks in the asphalt. What graphics engine does it use?

Their own proprietory one again I think.

wrote:

>http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/battlefield2/Battlefield+2/1/021805
>
>Looking damn good IMO.

Looks pretty nice all right. There's one shot on page 3 of a guy going
off a building. It looks like he's BASE jumping. :)

I wonder how Valve is doing with TF2.............
lol

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Thusly Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> Spake Unto All:

>http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/battlefield2/Battlefield+2/1/021805
>
>Looking damn good IMO.

It looks like Americas Army: Online... OK, the ground is a bit more
detailed, but it's really quite similar.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:25:14 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/battlefield2/Battlefield+2/1/021805
>
>Looking damn good IMO.

Heres hoping that it plays as good as it looks.