  • Motorola
  • Java
Last response: in Brands
April 15, 2004 11:10:10 PM

I am really happy with my V600 but it lacks a couple of features that I use
all the time. Namely a stopwatch (with lap times) and countdown timer.
Just one of those things but they are cool to have and I got used to using
them on my other phone.

I was cursing - then I installed some Java games on the phone and realised
that if you can program Splinter Cell that well, a timer/stopwatch should be
possible too!

Anyone know if this kind of app exists and I can d/l it?

Failing that, any development tips on learning Java programming for the Moto
so I can have a bash at writing my own? I am OK at basic C++ and php/mysql
so it oculd be a nice starter project!?

TIA

More about : java app stopwatch countdown v600

April 16, 2004 1:15:57 AM

Sure it does, I have seen them in my travels, have your tried google? Maybe
a search for midlet stopwatch or mobile java stopwatch or the like?

"[ darkside ]" <darkside@dontspam-re-create-it.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am really happy with my V600 but it lacks a couple of features that I
use
> all the time. Namely a stopwatch (with lap times) and countdown timer.
> Just one of those things but they are cool to have and I got used to using
> them on my other phone.
>
> I was cursing - then I installed some Java games on the phone and realised
> that if you can program Splinter Cell that well, a timer/stopwatch should
be
> possible too!
>
> Anyone know if this kind of app exists and I can d/l it?
>
> Failing that, any development tips on learning Java programming for the
Moto
> so I can have a bash at writing my own? I am OK at basic C++ and
php/mysql
> so it oculd be a nice starter project!?
>
> TIA

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 2:53:03 AM

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Sure it does, I have seen them in my travels, have your tried google?
Maybe
> a search for midlet stopwatch or mobile java stopwatch or the like?

Google was my first stop. Trouble is the 'noise' when searching for phone
apps - since the phone supports 'java' and 'apps', I couldn't get a good
search without all the phone shops trying to sell me what I have already!!!

The 'midlet' bit was what I was looking for and it helped me find these:

http://cephas.net/projects/ - plain and simple stopwatch works with the
centre button on the V600.

http://www.spruce.jp/freemidlets/Stopwatch/ - flashes banner on intro but
then features hundreds and 'split' time. Works on V600.

Thanks!

(any more good links - especially to an countdown to alarm - appreciated!)
!