Java app - stopwatch/countdown - V600?

I am really happy with my V600 but it lacks a couple of features that I use
all the time. Namely a stopwatch (with lap times) and countdown timer.
Just one of those things but they are cool to have and I got used to using
them on my other phone.

I was cursing - then I installed some Java games on the phone and realised
that if you can program Splinter Cell that well, a timer/stopwatch should be
possible too!

Anyone know if this kind of app exists and I can d/l it?

Failing that, any development tips on learning Java programming for the Moto
so I can have a bash at writing my own? I am OK at basic C++ and php/mysql
so it oculd be a nice starter project!?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about java stopwatch countdown v600

    Sure it does, I have seen them in my travels, have your tried google? Maybe
    a search for midlet stopwatch or mobile java stopwatch or the like?

    "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Sure it does, I have seen them in my travels, have your tried google?
    Maybe
    > a search for midlet stopwatch or mobile java stopwatch or the like?

    Google was my first stop. Trouble is the 'noise' when searching for phone
    apps - since the phone supports 'java' and 'apps', I couldn't get a good
    search without all the phone shops trying to sell me what I have already!!!

    The 'midlet' bit was what I was looking for and it helped me find these:

    http://cephas.net/projects/ - plain and simple stopwatch works with the
    centre button on the V600.

    http://www.spruce.jp/freemidlets/Stopwatch/ - flashes banner on intro but
    then features hundreds and 'split' time. Works on V600.

    Thanks!

    (any more good links - especially to an countdown to alarm - appreciated!)

Motorola Java