V300 mobile phone tools sync outlook 2003 - zaps outlook e..

Last response: in Brands
April 16, 2004 2:15:32 PM

I have the motorola cable, latest mobile phone tools software v300, Outlook
2003. Win XP, USB cable..

Everything installed and ran fine. I set the sync software to always
prefer to use outlook values in case of conflict.

I synced with outlook and the calendar antries all appeared on the mobile
phone.

Great.

Now I modified one of the calendar entries on the mobile phone - just
changed the text a little.

Re-synced

The entry then disappeared from outlook!

Now the interesting thing.

I cleared the entries from the phone, set up the calendar entry again,
re-synced. Now the phone shows two entries on that day. Basically the
entry hadn't been deleted from outlook, just made invisible.

Bob
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 3:56:43 PM

More on this

The enty that disappeared from the calendar is still there if I change to a
tabular view of the diary. If I edit the entry and save it, it reappears in
the normal calendar view.

However next time I go to the celndar view it has gone again.

In other words all screwed up. This is quite a bad bug - I hope motorola can
fix it! I use my phone as personal organiser while I am out and the sync
feature is really important to me.

Bob
April 19, 2004 8:54:31 PM

Just letting you know that you are not alone. I have been working with
this bug for about a month, just clicking on '31 day' view, then
selecting 5 day view again and tada, the synced events appear.

recently this hasn't been working. The events i plug into my v525
phone, will not show at all in outlook calendar, except the reminders.
I get the popup reminder box for all events that I have synced.

I have contacted moto support and if i get any reply, I will let you
know. If you find any fix, could you do the same?

Cheers

PS.

Windows XP Pro
Outlook 2003