Can't run HL2, Doom on my TV

I have dual Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra cards in SLI configuration and a
Qualia 06 for display, hooked up with a DVI to HDMI cable. I can get
Windows to display fine, but whenever I start a game (I have tried Half
Life 2, Doom 3 so far) I get large vertical bands running across the
screen and a horizontal line going up and down.

I am not sure why I can display Windows fine and not games. Perhaps I
need to change the refresh rate specifically for the games - but this
would be a major pain to have to do this every time. Also I have no
idea what the refresh rate needed would be for games or how to find
out.

60hz.

pokermon17@yahoo.com once tried to test me with:

> I have dual Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra cards in SLI configuration and a
> Qualia 06 for display, hooked up with a DVI to HDMI cable. I can get
> Windows to display fine, but whenever I start a game (I have tried Half
> Life 2, Doom 3 so far) I get large vertical bands running across the
> screen and a horizontal line going up and down.
>
> I am not sure why I can display Windows fine and not games. Perhaps I
> need to change the refresh rate specifically for the games - but this
> would be a major pain to have to do this every time. Also I have no
> idea what the refresh rate needed would be for games or how to find
> out.

I'd bet a wad of cash that it's a refresh rate problem. And I have zero
experience with doing what you're doing, but I do have a lot of experience
with video card hardware. And I know for a fact that a lot of games set the
refresh rate of the video card independently of what you have it set for in
Windows.

--

Knight37

On 24 Feb 2005 09:44:40 -0800, pokermon17@yahoo.com wrote:

>I have dual Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra cards in SLI configuration and a
>Qualia 06 for display, hooked up with a DVI to HDMI cable. I can get
>Windows to display fine, but whenever I start a game (I have tried Half
>Life 2, Doom 3 so far) I get large vertical bands running across the
>screen and a horizontal line going up and down.
>
>I am not sure why I can display Windows fine and not games. Perhaps I
>need to change the refresh rate specifically for the games - but this
>would be a major pain to have to do this every time. Also I have no
>idea what the refresh rate needed would be for games or how to find
>out.

Default:- US TV refresh rate 60Hz
Europe 50 Hz

However, look at the progressive-scan specs on the Qualia and set the
game H-,V- resolution and refresh accordingly.

Nice to have pots of money for such toys....

John Lewis