Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum - It's there, but...

Balk

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
Well, I've had this soundcard+livedrive since christmas. It worked fine in my P4 system and then I purchased some new AMD components. I installed WinXP, and the drivers initially seemed to install properly, but when I restarted, there was no sound. I checked the device manager, and saw that the Audigy was installed and working properly, according to what it said. I checked to see if Digital out was on, and it was. Checked the connections, checked the power...everything was as it should be.
I went to creative's site and downloaded some drivers, and when I tried to run them, I got a message saying that there was no Audigy device installed. Frustrated, I installed the default drivers again, and restarted, but no luck; the same thing happened.
I E-Mailed creative about it, and was told to use a program on the audigy CD that wipes out the drivers completely from the system and re-installs them; no luck there, either.
So, I broke down and checked to see if the speakers would work in analog, and THEY DID. They sound like crap in analog, which further pisses me off. I searched the net for some solutions, and found 1 or 2 people who had a similar problem, but no suggested solutions other than what I tried to do already.
So, I'm coming here; what suggestions can anyone here offer?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I suggest your reinstall your p4 components.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
let me reiterate crashmans question again.

What parts is your system composed of now?

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Balk

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
Motherboard: Soltek KT333 SL75
Chipset: VIA Apollo KT333 and VT8233A
Athlon XP 2100(+) CPU
512MB PC2700 Corsair DDRAM
....that's the new stuff.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Balk on 07/24/02 01:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>