Crusader: No Regret help

Where's the keycard to the 'secret room' near the start? Is it anywhere
on the main floor of the first level? I've just about searched
everywhere without result. All that's left are the large, green
containers but most are filled with radioactive-waste containers or
security 'bots. The FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com does not specific where the
key is to be found.

--
best regards, mat
np: radio

www.pdxshows.net

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:25:37 -0800, Vader des Vaderlands
<vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:

>Where's the keycard to the 'secret room' near the start? Is it anywhere
>on the main floor of the first level? I've just about searched
>everywhere without result. All that's left are the large, green
>containers but most are filled with radioactive-waste containers or
>security 'bots. The FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com does not specific where the
>key is to be found.

Heh, now that's what I call optimism; asking for help with an
extremely a specific question about a game released 10 years ago that
doesn't even run natively on modern PCs.

I'm eagerly waiting to see if anybody actually can answer this ;-)

"Spalls Hurgenson" <yoinks@ebalu.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:25:37 -0800, Vader des Vaderlands
> <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:
>
> >Where's the keycard to the 'secret room' near the start? Is it anywhere
> >on the main floor of the first level? I've just about searched
> >everywhere without result. All that's left are the large, green
> >containers but most are filled with radioactive-waste containers or
> >security 'bots. The FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com does not specific where the
> >key is to be found.
>
> Heh, now that's what I call optimism; asking for help with an
> extremely a specific question about a game released 10 years ago that
> doesn't even run natively on modern PCs.
>
> I'm eagerly waiting to see if anybody actually can answer this ;-)

I still have the Prima Strategy guide for No Regret :} Unfortunately I
don't have a scanner :{

Let's see if this helps:

"Reaching Secret Room:

Walk the servomech over the pressure plate, which will open a security
panel. This, in turn, opens the way to the secret room. The servomech will
attack you if it's still alive when you enter. To kill it,position it
immediately next to something that can explode, and have the servomech fire
until the object blows up. Do this until the servomech is destroyed. Enter
the secret room, and destroy the pile of boxes in the corner to reveal the
door to another room containing a shotgun, a data-pick, a VIR chip and other
goodies."

Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:25:37 -0800, Vader des Vaderlands
> <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:
>

>>Where's the keycard to the 'secret room' near the start? Is it anywhere
>>on the main floor of the first level? I've just about searched
>>everywhere without result. All that's left are the large, green
>>containers but most are filled with radioactive-waste containers or
>>security 'bots. The FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com does not specific where the
>>key is to be found.
>

> Heh, now that's what I call optimism; asking for help with an
> extremely a specific question about a game released 10 years ago that
> doesn't even run natively on modern PCs.
>
> I'm eagerly waiting to see if anybody actually can answer this ;-)

It was a long shot and fortunately it worked! I lucked out I guess. <g>
I thought I'd never play it again once I upgraded to Windows XP, but
with the latest DOSBox release it's playable once again. Isometric
shooters hit their pinnacle with the Crusader series unfortunately. I
haven't seen much since No Regret came out except for that one a few
years back. I think it was called.. Zax?

--
best regards, mat
np: chicks on speed - turn of the century

www.pdxshows.net

bioderm wrote:

> I still have the Prima Strategy guide for No Regret :} Unfortunately I
> don't have a scanner :{
>

> Let's see if this helps:
>

> "Reaching Secret Room:
>
> Walk the servomech over the pressure plate, which will open a security
> panel. This, in turn, opens the way to the secret room. The servomech will
> attack you if it's still alive when you enter. To kill it,position it
> immediately next to something that can explode, and have the servomech fire
> until the object blows up. Do this until the servomech is destroyed. Enter
> the secret room, and destroy the pile of boxes in the corner to reveal the
> door to another room containing a shotgun, a data-pick, a VIR chip and other
> goodies."

That was just what I needed. Thanks! I didn't realize there was a
pressure plate in there before.

--
best regards, mat
np:

www.pdxshows.net

jlc

"Vader des Vaderlands" <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote in message
> Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:25:37 -0800, Vader des Vaderlands
>> <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:
>>

>>>Where's the keycard to the 'secret room' near the start? Is it anywhere
>>>on the main floor of the first level? I've just about searched
>>>everywhere without result. All that's left are the large, green
>>>containers but most are filled with radioactive-waste containers or
>>>security 'bots. The FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com does not specific where the
>>>key is to be found.
>>

>> Heh, now that's what I call optimism; asking for help with an
>> extremely a specific question about a game released 10 years ago that
>> doesn't even run natively on modern PCs. I'm eagerly waiting to see if
>> anybody actually can answer this ;-)
>>

> It was a long shot and fortunately it worked! I lucked out I guess. <g> I
> thought I'd never play it again once I upgraded to Windows XP, but with
> the latest DOSBox release it's playable once again. Isometric shooters
> hit their pinnacle with the Crusader series unfortunately. I haven't seen
> much since No Regret came out except for that one a few years back. I
> think it was called.. Zax?

I still have fond memories of CNR. I played the hell out of that game and I
still consider it to be one of my favorite games after all these years. All
the ways you could kill and enemy was so over the top for it's time! I
bought Zax when it can out hoping it would give me some of the fun that CNR
had given me, but the controls where horrible and the game was pretty
boring. Nothing compared to CNR. So is it hard to get DOS Box up and running
with XP? I haven't tried to run CNR since I played all those years ago. I
still have the game and would love to give it another go. TIA. JLC

"Vader des Vaderlands" <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote in message news:38d4ihF5jkrrhU1@individual.net...
> bioderm wrote:
>>
>> I still have the Prima Strategy guide for No Regret :} Unfortunately I
>> don't have a scanner :{
>>

>> Let's see if this helps:
>>

>> "Reaching Secret Room:
>>
>> Walk the servomech over the pressure plate, which will open a security
>> panel. This, in turn, opens the way to the secret room. The servomech will
>> attack you if it's still alive when you enter. To kill it,position it
>> immediately next to something that can explode, and have the servomech fire
>> until the object blows up. Do this until the servomech is destroyed. Enter
>> the secret room, and destroy the pile of boxes in the corner to reveal the
>> door to another room containing a shotgun, a data-pick, a VIR chip and other
>> goodies."
>>

> That was just what I needed. Thanks! I didn't realize there was a pressure plate in there before.
>
> --
> best regards, mat
> np:
>
> www.pdxshows.net

Unbelievable.

Einstine wrote:

> Unbelievable.

Indeed! You wouldn't believe the way Origin blended auto-sensors and
pressure plates into the environment; some are impossible to distinquish
even on close inspection.

Phew.

--
best regards, mat
np: Elliott Smith - Waltz #2 (XO)

www.pdxshows.net

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

though you were not around any more
good to know you're still with us

in the meanwhile i've been the only pc gamer protecting our
own interests... and its not been easy cause we are in the
internet and people are lazy and don't want to think hard
about the issues

i would not mind giving this fight to another but i really
don't complain... someone has to do it, if it has to be me
ok, cause its always good to do something you believe in

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:18:11 +0000, sayNO2steam
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>
>though you were not around any more
>good to know you're still with us
>
>in the meanwhile i've been the only pc gamer protecting our
>own interests... and its not been easy cause we are in the
>internet and people are lazy and don't want to think hard
>about the issues
>
>i would not mind giving this fight to another but i really
>don't complain... someone has to do it, if it has to be me
>ok, cause its always good to do something you believe in

How very heroic of you. I'm sure your mommy is very proud of you.

Does your music teacher give you extra credits for blowing your own
horn on the internet?

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:41:41 -0800, Vader des Vaderlands
<vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:

>That was just what I needed. Thanks! I didn't realize there was a
>pressure plate in there before.

I stand in awe.

Somebody actually had the answer.

Gosh, I love Usenet.

> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:41:41 -0800, Vader des Vaderlands
> <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:
>

> >That was just what I needed. Thanks! I didn't realize there was a
> >pressure plate in there before.
>

> I stand in awe.

Sorta like when you saw tubgirl or goatse for the first times, right? :D

JLC wrote:
> Nothing compared to CNR. So is it hard to get DOS Box up and running
> with XP? I haven't tried to run CNR since I played all those years ago. I
> still have the game and would love to give it another go. TIA. JLC

Not at all! DOSBox is very easy to use: it has an auto-installer and
once it's installed and launched all you have to do is mount the various
drives you need. For me this usually amounts to typing a few lines:

mount c c:\
mount d d:\

Then it's good to go from there!

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Vader des Vaderlands wrote:

> http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

that's ok and very useful cause of the break we had to make in
pc games changing operating system but that games and other old
dos games deserved a proper full win32 port

you would pick the source code of that game port it to win32 and
it would not cost much to do so and them sell it in a budget
edition for less than 5 bucks and i bet you it would be a good
success

i've been saying this over and over again, many of the old dos
pc game classics should be ported with quality to win32, they
deserve it and i believe the market would reward the publishers
doing it

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

Steph

Vader des Vaderlands <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote in

> It was a long shot and fortunately it worked! I lucked out I guess.
> <g>
> I thought I'd never play it again once I upgraded to Windows XP, but
> with the latest DOSBox release it's playable once again. Isometric
> shooters hit their pinnacle with the Crusader series unfortunately. I
> haven't seen much since No Regret came out except for that one a few
> years back. I think it was called.. Zax?

I picked up ZAX last year at, of all places, Mervyn's (a department
store) for two dollars on a clearance shelf. I'm enjoying it muchly; I
don't have the "lousy controls" complaint that JLC voiced. At two bucks,
it's an excellent value. I might have paid as much as fifteen for this
game.

Never played the Crusader games though.

stePH
--
If it cannot break the egg's shell, a chick will die without being born.
We are the chick. The world is our egg.

Steph

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:18:11 +0000, sayNO2steam
> <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>though you were not around any more
>>good to know you're still with us
>>
>>in the meanwhile i've been the only pc gamer protecting our
>>own interests... and its not been easy cause we are in the
>>internet and people are lazy and don't want to think hard
>>about the issues
>>
>>i would not mind giving this fight to another but i really
>>don't complain... someone has to do it, if it has to be me
>>ok, cause its always good to do something you believe in

What is the stupid jackass nattering about now? It usually doesn't post
except to froth about STEAM but I can't tell what the above is about.

stePH
--
If it cannot break the egg's shell, a chick will die without being born.
We are the chick. The world is our egg.
If we cannot break the world's shell, we will die without being born.
Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!

sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Vader des Vaderlands wrote:
>
>> http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
>
>that's ok and very useful cause of the break we had to make in
>pc games changing operating system but that games and other old
>dos games deserved a proper full win32 port
>
>you would pick the source code of that game port it to win32 and
>it would not cost much to do so and them sell it in a budget
>edition for less than 5 bucks and i bet you it would be a good
>success
>
>i've been saying this over and over again, many of the old dos
>pc game classics should be ported with quality to win32, they
>deserve it and i believe the market would reward the publishers
>doing it

Hahahahaha.
Mainstream gamers aren't going to accept 320x200 256 colour graphics.