Far Cry - Assignment41 - Single Player Map

For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
to Save Points.

RJC752
14 answers Last reply
More about assignment41 single player

    "sayNO2steam" wrote

    > "Orion" wrote:

    > <snip information about great new map for farcry>

    > thanks for letting us know about this new map for farcry

    <snipped rants>

    You haven't got 'Far Cry'.

    You've never played 'Far Cry'.

    You don't have a computer powerful enough to run 'Far Cry'.

    Vince wrote:
    > "sayNO2steam" wrote
    >

    >>"Orion" wrote:
    >

    >><snip information about great new map for farcry>
    >

    >>thanks for letting us know about this new map for farcry
    >

    > <snipped rants>
    >
    > You haven't got 'Far Cry'.
    >
    > You've never played 'Far Cry'.
    >
    > You don't have a computer powerful enough to run 'Far Cry'.

    ....and the new level is currently only available as a download from the
    internet...

    --
    "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our weapon is
    surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are

    Shawk wrote:

    > ....and the new level is currently only available as a download from the
    > internet...

    Just say NO to these "masters of far cry". It is humiliating to have our
    IP addresses logged for the FBI to track us down just for downloading a
    level. Give us gamers CHOICE!!!!

    Sign up for the "Just say no to Far Cry" here : www.I_am_an_idiot.com

    LOL.

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Orion wrote:

    > Without giving away any more than necessary, you will often get fragged
    > just short of getting to Save Points.

    Now this is a stupid way to design a map for a game without quick saves.
    Do you think this is fun to play?

    FarCry user/home level builders do seem to produce a lot of entertaining
    add-on levels.
    ....But they all (that I have seen) look the same as the main game
    levels...the FarCry
    engine doesn't look as though its capable of the sort of variety that e.g
    Unreal ...can offer ..
    .....no "weather" ....boring sky's....poor interiors...no bunnies been able
    to get anything underwater yet ..
    Its a fantastic game 'cause its designers understood the limitations...but
    if any one
    knows a level that looks/feels greatly different please do tell..
    Luv mouse @@@@@@@@

    (Soory bout spellin ..did me ead in playing Painkiler)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, "trimble bracegirdle" wrote:

    > (Soory bout spellin ..did me ead in playing Painkiler)

    and don't forget fabulous gold/black edition is 2 weeks away!
    support the real true great pc games!
    support games made specially and exclusively for the pc and fully
    optimized for the pc like farcry and painkiller!
    they feature great packagings in cd/dvd format and no intrusive
    and damaging copy protection, with the standard philosophy, buy in
    retail stores paying once using forever with the ability of users
    maps for eternal joyful playability
    buy FABULOUS farcry!
    buy FABULOUS painkiller gold/black!
    so no to damaging steam infected TRAITOR game half-life 2!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    against steam campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

    Les Steel wrote:
    > > ps: its a shame farcry not having a GOTW edition cause it really
    > > deserves one
    > >

    > Game Of The World Edition?

    Game of the Week. IIRC from a previous thread.

    I'm trying to remember what made the HL GOTY edition different from the
    original release. I think it was "pre-patched" so that the multi-player
    would work out-of-the-box, but was there any addditional content?

    In the same way, what would a Far-Cry GOT.. er... Week edition have to
    offer over the original? Apart from the kudos of saying "Damn, this
    game is good" on the box.

    trimble bracegirdle wrote:
    > I 'tink the hole steamin - HL2 ting has driven this poor person quite
    > mad...perhaps a fund could be raised & this n.group could sue
    Steam-Valve
    > evil peeps for damaging his (her ?..."it's"?) poor
    brain-contents.....

    You know the fast zombies from HL2...

    I 'tink the hole steamin - HL2 ting has driven this poor person quite
    mad...perhaps a fund could be raised & this n.group could sue Steam-Valve
    evil peeps for damaging his (her ?..."it's"?) poor brain-contents.....
    sayNO2steam say...

    "........don't forget fabulous gold/black edition is 2 weeks
    away!...........
    support games made specially and exclusively for the pc and fully
    optimized for the pc like farcry and painkiller! ...they feature great
    packagings in cd/dvd format and no intrusive
    ....copy protection............., buy in
    retail stores paying once using forever ........buy FABULOUS farcry!

    Well yes, hoo could poss. not agree@@@@@

    Orion <orion752@gmail.com> wrote:
    > For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
    > completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
    > single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
    > to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
    > am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
    > gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
    > more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
    > to Save Points.

    URL?
    --
    "The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
    ( )

    Chadwick wrote:
    > Les Steel wrote:
    >
    >>>ps: its a shame farcry not having a GOTW edition cause it really
    >>>deserves one
    >>>

    >>Game Of The World Edition?
    >

    > Game of the Week. IIRC from a previous thread.
    >
    > I'm trying to remember what made the HL GOTY edition different from the
    > original release. I think it was "pre-patched" so that the multi-player
    > would work out-of-the-box, but was there any addditional content?
    >
    > In the same way, what would a Far-Cry GOT.. er... Week edition have to
    > offer over the original? Apart from the kudos of saying "Damn, this
    > game is good" on the box.

    IIRC, the HL GOTY version was pre-patched, which also meant it had Team
    Fortress Classic out-of-the-box (part of the patch), and it also had an
    updated version of the WorldCraft(?) editor that was newer than the one
    that came with the original version of HL.

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:18:16 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    >Orion <orion752@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
    >> completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
    >> single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
    >> to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
    >> am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
    >> gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
    >> more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
    >> to Save Points.
    >
    >URL?

    Google it.

    www.google.com

    Enter: Assignment41 Far Cry

    And you will find lots of other maps in the collections containing
    Assignment 41.

    John Lewis

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:04:20 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:18:16 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    >
    >>Orion <orion752@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>> For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
    >>> completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
    >>> single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
    >>> to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
    >>> am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
    >>> gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
    >>> more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
    >>> to Save Points.
    >>
    >>URL?
    >
    >Google it.
    >
    >www.google.com
    >
    >Enter: Assignment41 Far Cry
    >
    >And you will find lots of other maps in the collections containing
    >Assignment 41.
    >
    >John Lewis

    http://farcry.filefront.com/files/FarCry/Maps/Single_player;4066
    http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/mapsp.php
    http://dlx.gamespot.com/search/search_files.html?pid=371314&filtertype=8
    http://farcry.gamesweb.com/news.php?news_id=557

    Pluvious

    For anyone who is actually reading this thread to find out about Far
    Cry maps, Assignment41 is not complete. The map ends rather abruptly
    without any disk save once you reach the final objective. You can
    wander around a bit and amuse yourself, but nothing else of any
    interest happens. The author is improving his map, and intends to
    release a bundle of 3 maps that are meant to be played together.

    FWIW, I played and enjoyed Far Cry, then HL2. In the meantime I played
    Doom3. My machine was a bit underpowered. It did a fine job on Far
    Cry and HL2. Doom3 was a bit much for it. It was a bit laggy, but
    somewhat enjoyable. I must admit that I switched to HL2 as soon as it
    was released.

    I have recently upgraded to Athlon64 3200+ and 6600GT. I have to
    expect that my new machine will be able to do a respectable job with
    Doom3. I did consider Steam to be a bit of a drag. IMO I think it's
    stupid to have to have a CD in the drive everytime I play, or to have
    to revalidate my license on the Internet. I will reserve my real
    dislike of licensing models for Microsoft Windows XP. I shuffled my
    hardware so that my kids will get my Athlon 2100+ with GeForce2 and I
    would install my old C: drive in the Athlon64 machine. What a pain the
    whole process was with license revalidations etc.

    It's kind of sad that a world full of fantastic hardware and software
    developers can't come up with better schemes for licensing and
    protection against piracy.

    I have to say that I have enjoyed all of these games enormously,
    despite B/S copy protection schemes. I must say that I find the AI in
    Far Cry to be the best I have played against.

PC gaming Games Video Games