Far Cry - Assignment41 - Single Player Map

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 27, 2005 3:02:23 AM

For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
to Save Points.

RJC752
February 28, 2005 10:16:28 AM

"sayNO2steam" wrote

> "Orion" wrote:

> <snip information about great new map for farcry>

> thanks for letting us know about this new map for farcry

<snipped rants>

You haven't got 'Far Cry'.

You've never played 'Far Cry'.

You don't have a computer powerful enough to run 'Far Cry'.
February 28, 2005 12:30:59 PM

Vince wrote:
> "sayNO2steam" wrote
>

>>"Orion" wrote:
>

>><snip information about great new map for farcry>
>

>>thanks for letting us know about this new map for farcry
>

> <snipped rants>
>
> You haven't got 'Far Cry'.
>
> You've never played 'Far Cry'.
>
> You don't have a computer powerful enough to run 'Far Cry'.

....and the new level is currently only available as a download from the
internet...

--
"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our weapon is
surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are

Shawk wrote:

> ....and the new level is currently only available as a download from the
> internet...

Just say NO to these "masters of far cry". It is humiliating to have our
IP addresses logged for the FBI to track us down just for downloading a
level. Give us gamers CHOICE!!!!

Sign up for the "Just say no to Far Cry" here : www.I_am_an_idiot.com

LOL.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 3:25:31 PM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Orion wrote:

> Without giving away any more than necessary, you will often get fragged
> just short of getting to Save Points.

Now this is a stupid way to design a map for a game without quick saves.
Do you think this is fun to play?

February 28, 2005 7:13:53 PM

FarCry user/home level builders do seem to produce a lot of entertaining
add-on levels.
....But they all (that I have seen) look the same as the main game
levels...the FarCry
engine doesn't look as though its capable of the sort of variety that e.g
Unreal ...can offer ..
.....no "weather" ....boring sky's....poor interiors...no bunnies been able
to get anything underwater yet ..
Its a fantastic game 'cause its designers understood the limitations...but
if any one
knows a level that looks/feels greatly different please do tell..
Luv mouse @@@@@@@@

(Soory bout spellin ..did me ead in playing Painkiler)
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 2:07:54 PM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, "trimble bracegirdle" wrote:

> (Soory bout spellin ..did me ead in playing Painkiler)

and don't forget fabulous gold/black edition is 2 weeks away!
support the real true great pc games!
support games made specially and exclusively for the pc and fully
optimized for the pc like farcry and painkiller!
they feature great packagings in cd/dvd format and no intrusive
and damaging copy protection, with the standard philosophy, buy in
retail stores paying once using forever with the ability of users
maps for eternal joyful playability
buy FABULOUS farcry!
buy FABULOUS painkiller gold/black!
so no to damaging steam infected TRAITOR game half-life 2!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

March 2, 2005 6:59:37 AM

Les Steel wrote:
> > ps: its a shame farcry not having a GOTW edition cause it really
> > deserves one
> >

> Game Of The World Edition?

Game of the Week. IIRC from a previous thread.

I'm trying to remember what made the HL GOTY edition different from the
original release. I think it was "pre-patched" so that the multi-player
would work out-of-the-box, but was there any addditional content?

In the same way, what would a Far-Cry GOT.. er... Week edition have to
offer over the original? Apart from the kudos of saying "Damn, this
game is good" on the box.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 7:01:27 AM

trimble bracegirdle wrote:
> I 'tink the hole steamin - HL2 ting has driven this poor person quite
> mad...perhaps a fund could be raised & this n.group could sue
Steam-Valve
> evil peeps for damaging his (her ?..."it's"?) poor
brain-contents.....

You know the fast zombies from HL2...
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 7:17:37 AM

I 'tink the hole steamin - HL2 ting has driven this poor person quite
mad...perhaps a fund could be raised & this n.group could sue Steam-Valve
evil peeps for damaging his (her ?..."it's"?) poor brain-contents.....
sayNO2steam say...

"........don't forget fabulous gold/black edition is 2 weeks
away!...........
support games made specially and exclusively for the pc and fully
optimized for the pc like farcry and painkiller! ...they feature great
packagings in cd/dvd format and no intrusive
....copy protection............., buy in
retail stores paying once using forever ........buy FABULOUS farcry!
buy FABULOUS painkiller gold/black!
so no to damaging steam infected TRAITOR game half-life 2!.........."

Well yes, hoo could poss. not agree@@@@@
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 9:18:16 PM

Orion <orion752@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
> completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
> single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
> to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
> am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
> gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
> more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
> to Save Points.

URL?
--
"The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 2:02:01 AM

Chadwick wrote:
> Les Steel wrote:
>
>>>ps: its a shame farcry not having a GOTW edition cause it really
>>>deserves one
>>>

>>Game Of The World Edition?
>

> Game of the Week. IIRC from a previous thread.
>
> I'm trying to remember what made the HL GOTY edition different from the
> original release. I think it was "pre-patched" so that the multi-player
> would work out-of-the-box, but was there any addditional content?
>
> In the same way, what would a Far-Cry GOT.. er... Week edition have to
> offer over the original? Apart from the kudos of saying "Damn, this
> game is good" on the box.

IIRC, the HL GOTY version was pre-patched, which also meant it had Team
Fortress Classic out-of-the-box (part of the patch), and it also had an
updated version of the WorldCraft(?) editor that was newer than the one
that came with the original version of HL.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 4:04:20 AM

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:18:16 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>Orion <orion752@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
>> completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
>> single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
>> to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
>> am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
>> gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
>> more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
>> to Save Points.
>
>URL?

Google it.

www.google.com

Enter: Assignment41 Far Cry

And you will find lots of other maps in the collections containing
Assignment 41.

John Lewis

>--
>"The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
>| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
> \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
> ( )
March 3, 2005 1:15:14 PM

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:04:20 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:18:16 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
>
>>Orion <orion752@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For those of you Far Cry players who have completed HL2, and may have
>>> completed Doom3, and are looking for some new challenges. Download the
>>> single player map Assignment41. It's a blast. I can't decide whether
>>> to give the guy who designed this map a medal, or to hunt him down. I
>>> am enjoying it, but the designer is a sadistic sort who understands how
>>> gamers actually play First Person Shooters. Without giving away any
>>> more than necessary, you will often get fragged just short of getting
>>> to Save Points.
>>
>>URL?
>
>Google it.
>
>www.google.com
>
>Enter: Assignment41 Far Cry
>
>And you will find lots of other maps in the collections containing
>Assignment 41.
>
>John Lewis

http://farcry.filefront.com/files/FarCry/Maps/Single_pl...;4066
http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/mapsp.php
http://dlx.gamespot.com/search/search_files.html?pid=37...
http://farcry.gamesweb.com/news.php?news_id=557

Pluvious
March 4, 2005 1:28:03 AM

For anyone who is actually reading this thread to find out about Far
Cry maps, Assignment41 is not complete. The map ends rather abruptly
without any disk save once you reach the final objective. You can
wander around a bit and amuse yourself, but nothing else of any
interest happens. The author is improving his map, and intends to
release a bundle of 3 maps that are meant to be played together.

FWIW, I played and enjoyed Far Cry, then HL2. In the meantime I played
Doom3. My machine was a bit underpowered. It did a fine job on Far
Cry and HL2. Doom3 was a bit much for it. It was a bit laggy, but
somewhat enjoyable. I must admit that I switched to HL2 as soon as it
was released.

I have recently upgraded to Athlon64 3200+ and 6600GT. I have to
expect that my new machine will be able to do a respectable job with
Doom3. I did consider Steam to be a bit of a drag. IMO I think it's
stupid to have to have a CD in the drive everytime I play, or to have
to revalidate my license on the Internet. I will reserve my real
dislike of licensing models for Microsoft Windows XP. I shuffled my
hardware so that my kids will get my Athlon 2100+ with GeForce2 and I
would install my old C: drive in the Athlon64 machine. What a pain the
whole process was with license revalidations etc.

It's kind of sad that a world full of fantastic hardware and software
developers can't come up with better schemes for licensing and
protection against piracy.

I have to say that I have enjoyed all of these games enormously,
despite B/S copy protection schemes. I must say that I find the AI in
Far Cry to be the best I have played against.
!