  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
Share
April 18, 2004 8:30:58 AM

Is there a way to turn the Bluetooth link off after a few minutes of the car
being turned off? If I leave my phone on outside my car (which is Bluetooth
enabled) the phone battery can stay on standby for days. If I leave it in my
car the battery is totally drained in only a few hours. Have I missed
something or is it essential that I take remember to take the phone out of
the car when I leave.

More about : v600 bluetooth battery drain

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 9:08:59 AM

Turn off the BT headset.

From:bj
jsw0610@hotmail.com

> Is there a way to turn the Bluetooth link off after a few minutes of
> the car being turned off? If I leave my phone on outside my car
> (which is Bluetooth enabled) the phone battery can stay on standby
> for days. If I leave it in my car the battery is totally drained in
> only a few hours. Have I missed something or is it essential that I
> take remember to take the phone out of the car when I leave.
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 8:52:46 PM

> Have I missed
> something or is it essential that I take remember to take the phone out of
> the car when I leave.

I didn't notice a big increase in battery use when bluetooth is turned
on. However, inside the car more power is used for a different reason:
the body of the car reflects the cell's signal and at the same time
weakens the incoming signal from the antenna. This will cause the phone
to send at maximum power and drains the battery much more quickly.

kind regards,

Peter
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 4:11:20 PM

"bj" <jsw0610@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to turn the Bluetooth link off after a few minutes of the
car
> being turned off? If I leave my phone on outside my car (which is
Bluetooth
> enabled) the phone battery can stay on standby for days. If I leave it in
my
> car the battery is totally drained in only a few hours. Have I missed
> something or is it essential that I take remember to take the phone out of
> the car when I leave.

I would have thought that the bluetooth set in the car should have been
wired via the ignition so that when you switch the car off, the bluetooth is
disabled, for exactly this reason. As it stands your phone is permenantly
connected to the hands free kit and this drains your battery faster. If this
was an aftermarket kit i would contact the installer as they may have
installed it incorrectly, however if it came pre-installed in your car
you'll just have to remember to remove the phone or switch it off when
you're not in the car.
!