Looking for something like City of Heroes, but not MMORPG

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My boys bought City of Heroes and then I had to take it back, because
they had not realized that it was a MMORPG and could not be played on
our LAN or as a single-player game (I wasn't with them when they
bought it).

Can any of y'all recommend a game that would let the boys play as
super-heroes, preferably in multiplayer mode over our LAN, or at least
single-player on one machine?

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

"John" <reply@newsgroup.please.com> wrote in message
> My boys bought City of Heroes and then I had to take it back, because
> they had not realized that it was a MMORPG and could not be played on
> our LAN or as a single-player game (I wasn't with them when they
> bought it).
>
> Can any of y'all recommend a game that would let the boys play as
> super-heroes, preferably in multiplayer mode over our LAN, or at least
> single-player on one machine?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> John

The only other super-hero game that I know of is Freedom Force.

dunno if it's multiplayer or not, but it's definitely single.

John wrote:
> My boys bought City of Heroes and then I had to take it back, because
> they had not realized that it was a MMORPG and could not be played on
> our LAN or as a single-player game (I wasn't with them when they
> bought it).

Stop it, you're upsetting difool.

"John" <reply@newsgroup.please.com> wrote in message
> My boys bought City of Heroes and then I had to take it back, because
> they had not realized that it was a MMORPG and could not be played on
> our LAN or as a single-player game (I wasn't with them when they
> bought it).
>
> Can any of y'all recommend a game that would let the boys play as
> super-heroes, preferably in multiplayer mode over our LAN, or at least
> single-player on one machine?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> John

Freedom Force should be in the bargain bins by now, and the sequel, Freedom
Force vs. the Third Reich hits stores next week.

JSS

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:59:38 -0700, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>John wrote:
>> My boys bought City of Heroes and then I had to take it back, because
>> they had not realized that it was a MMORPG and could not be played on
>> our LAN or as a single-player game (I wasn't with them when they
>> bought it).
>
>Stop it, you're upsetting difool.

You'd need to kill him to stop upsetting Difool/sayNO.

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
He fears the truth!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:54:23 GMT, "J.S. Smith"
<nospam.js_smith@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Freedom Force should be in the bargain bins by now, and the sequel, Freedom
>Force vs. the Third Reich hits stores next week.

Thanks, JSS. Will check those out.

John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:06:07 -0600, "Melketh" <abcdef@ghijk.com> wrote:

>The only other super-hero game that I know of is Freedom Force.
>
>dunno if it's multiplayer or not, but it's definitely single.

Thanks.

John

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, "Hank the Rapper" wrote:

completely the oposite!
he did the right thing!
every pc gamer should return the mmo based games they bought!
mmo means no freedom!
mmo means more costs!
say no to mmo like say no to steam!

the ultimate in damaging games: a mmo steam based game!
i bet valve is already thinking about it so we must prepare
to fight it to the end!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

In article <b4kc2117le7l8e6nrnn3mnb200qf8jia2g@4ax.com>,
John <reply@newsgroup.please.com> wrote:
> Can any of y'all recommend a game that would let the boys play as
> super-heroes, preferably in multiplayer mode over our LAN, or at least
> single-player on one machine?

Freedom Force, with a very solid single-player campaign and LAN
multiplayer. It's overhead 3D instead of first person. About $10 from
any computer store bargain bin, and worth three times the price.

For Freedom!

Rick R.

Steph

"Mr. Stabby" <control_z@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1109957972.924945.165770
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Superman for the Nintendo 64!!
>
>:ducks:

Superman for the Atari 2600!

stePH
--
If it cannot break the egg's shell, a chick will die without being born.
We are the chick. The world is our egg.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 03:58:39 +0000 (UTC), rickr@is.rice.edu (Rick
Russell) wrote:

>In article <b4kc2117le7l8e6nrnn3mnb200qf8jia2g@4ax.com>,
>John <reply@newsgroup.please.com> wrote:
>> Can any of y'all recommend a game that would let the boys play as
>> super-heroes, preferably in multiplayer mode over our LAN, or at least
>> single-player on one machine?
>
>Freedom Force, with a very solid single-player campaign and LAN
>multiplayer. It's overhead 3D instead of first person. About $10 from
>any computer store bargain bin, and worth three times the price.

Thanks, that sounds like something they would enjoy. We have no
computer stores in our area, but I'll watch for it on eBay.

John

I'll agree here. I've played through the Freedom Force campaign three
times and getting a hankering for a fourth in anticipation of the new
add-on coming out. One of my favorite games of all times...