Same music library on CNN and FOXnews?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
August 13, 2004 9:48:56 PM

Watching the coverage of hurricane Charley, I heard the same music theme
being used for the Scott Peterson trial on Fox and for Charley coverage on
CNN.

Are these music libraries so scarce that something like this happens? I
would expect the pool of material available out there to be such that
something like this rarely happens. Anyone with more inside knowledge care
to comment?

JL
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 10:22:51 PM

JL wrote:

> Watching the coverage of hurricane Charley, I heard the same music theme
> being used for the Scott Peterson trial on Fox and for Charley coverage on
> CNN.
>
> Are these music libraries so scarce that something like this happens? I
> would expect the pool of material available out there to be such that
> something like this rarely happens. Anyone with more inside knowledge care
> to comment?

I believe I've heard the same music on local cable commercials for all
three, including MSNBC.
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 3:42:44 AM

On Aug 13, 2004, JL <jl@nospam.org> commented:

> Are these music libraries so scarce that something like this happens? I
> would expect the pool of material available out there to be such that
> something like this rarely happens. Anyone with more inside knowledge care
> to comment?
>--------------------------------snip----------------------------------<

Often, you find the same producers and associate producers move back and
forth between the commercial networks and cable networks. They tend to use
whichever music library is considered "hip" at the moment, as well as
whatever material with which they're most familiar.

MegaTrax used to be the big one for awhile, then Dangerous Music, then Killer
Tracks. They're all good, but there's a ton of good stuff out there,
especially for reality shows, news, documentaries, and so on.

--MFW
[remove the extra M above for email]
!