Power Supply Size?

I'm running an up-until-now stable K6-3 400 on an MVP4 SuperSocket7 board. I'm thinking of upgrading to about a 1700+ on Asus's A7N266-VM microATX nForce board. I don't use this system for gaming, but downloading and maybe some hosting. My case has a Micro-ATX power supply of 150W. My question is. Will this power supply be enough for my system. I have a 52x Sony CD-ROM, a floppy, 8 GB hard drive, the board, the chip, and no PCI or AGP add-on cards.

Thanks for the tips
2 answers Last reply
More about power supply size
  1. I'd doubt it, but it shouldn't hurt to try. Normally underpowered usually turns into not being able to boot, or rebooting.

Then again my roommate got a pp303X (300 Watt) to run his Xp1800 system with 3 HD's, geforce 2, etc which according to what I've read shouldn't have worked.

2. Well, actually ... I appear to have a 200W power supply instead of only 150W. Apparently they were out of fine and sent me the 200W model. It has a "P4 REady" sticker on it. Will this change things ... or is it still more than likely unable to support the board?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components