Please suggest a premium small-office VPN router

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Hi all.

I'm looking for a VPN "server" router like the (Cisco RV042, RB450G, etc) that can also has 802.11n and a gigabit switch. (need the wireless n for some notebooks & phones and 4 port gigabyte switch for a fast connection between the PC to the NAS) Such a router will be a great all-in-one. Like a Cisco RV220W, WRVS4400N??
Or this doesn't exist and better to just normal VPN pass through Wireless n/gigabit router and install OpenVPN on a NAS ?
Any better ideas for a simple "consumer" type VPN wireless server with Windows VPN client?

Also thinking of a asus rt-n66u or TL-WDR4300 with DD-WRT to do all I want.

sorry if this is a dumb question.

thanks!

Solution
I use a Cisco WRVS4400N for an SSL VPN tunnel between my house and office and it's great! They are the one pieces of hardware I've never had to reboot or anything like that.

Not a dumb question! It depends on what you want to do but there is a decent amount of support for these and they are available at newegg for ~$174 right now. Hope this helps!

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
I use a Cisco WRVS4400N for an SSL VPN tunnel between my house and office and it's great! They are the one pieces of hardware I've never had to reboot or anything like that.

Not a dumb question! It depends on what you want to do but there is a decent amount of support for these and they are available at newegg for ~$174 right now. Hope this helps!

Solution