MN-500 larger file transfer error

Last response: in Networking
April 27, 2004 6:47:51 PM

I setup the device in bridge mode. The WAN is disabled. I
don't have DSL/cable line. I go to online through dialup
connection. The Internet connection sharing is enabled on
my desktop. I can access my network resource and internet
from my laptop using wireless connection just fine. The
problem starts when I try to copy large files over the
wireless network. I first noticed the problem when I tried
to see a movie (resides as an avi file around 700MB in my
desktop) over the wireless network. within 30/45 sec the
screen freezes and I cannot ping my desktop anymore. I
cannot ping my laptop also from my desktop. I had to reset
the router and then tried to copy the file from desktop to
laptop. The same thing happened. within 30/45 sec, the
router seems to be dead. In order to test if it was a
problem with ICS, I turned off ICS on desktop, turned on
router mode in the router, and then found the same
problem. In this mode the laptop or desktop cannot ping
each other or cannot ping the router once the problem
starts. I tried other files where I found the same
problem. I can copy the file using patch cord and ethernet
port on my laptop. But not over wireless connection. Then
I downloaded the latest firmware from microsoft website
but it did not solve the problem. For small amount of data
transfer, The router seems to work ok. I can browse web
hour after hour without any problem. Did anybody found
this problem? Do anyone of you has a solution to it?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 2:24:19 PM

It seems that the problem was there with mn-100 too

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=U...
8&safe=off&threadm=e7LU2zYpDHA.708%
40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmn-500%
2Bfile%2Btransfer%2Blarge%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%
26oe%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26selm%3De7LU2zYpDHA.708%
2540TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl%26rnum%3D2

and nobody suggested any correction to it and the owner
did not say anything about the problem being fixed. Do all
the people who uses microsoft wireless routers use it only
for internet browsing? No file transfer? When I bought it
from amazon I saw all the 5 star reviews and unless I was
going to transfer large files over transfer I would have
agreed too.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 2:31:51 PM

Hmm. the URL do not show up in a single line.

Here is the url again http://tinyurl.com/2hxwz
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 10:55:08 PM

Contacted Customer support. I am now thinking why I didn't do it
earlier. They shipped a replacement and received it within 2 days.
Everything is working fine now. Excellent Customer Support from
Microsoft.

!