Audio CD formats?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hihihi

i want to burn an audio CD... ive done it heaps of times before, but they have been ye' oldie' standard cd format... i.e. stereo @ 44.1Khz sampling rate.

what i want to do is either mono @ 44.1Khz or mono at 22Khz. will an ordinary cd player play such cd's correctly?

obviously quality is of little concern, considering the source is cassette tapes.

other info
raw wav recording/editing program: cooledit pro
burner: 12x10x32x ricoh
software: nero 5

<b>Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped! :cool: </b>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
If you are trying to pack more than 74 or so minuttes on to an Audio CD, by writing mono tracks or reducing sample rate, I dont think thats possible.
Otherwise, you can just convert your audio tracks to stereo 44,1 kHz, and burn those.

comptech_2821

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2002
You should not have any issues with getting a standard cd player (home or automotive) to play in these formats. 22 could possibly give you less quality than the tapes due to the different media material (magnetic tape is more forgiving than an optical reader). Also, 22 might give "extra" noise (static effect). But if you wanted to convert your tape library over this is a bona-fide method.

Martin- "When the world's richest man is a computer geek, then it becomes hard to make fun of us..."