Joint Operations - Any PCI Video Cards Work?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • PCI
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2005 7:34:43 PM

I only have PCI slots available for a graphics card. Has anyone tried a
card made for a PCI slot with Joint Operations? The game requirements
mention AGP, but I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a PCI
slotted card.
Thanks.
Bob

More about : joint operations pci video cards work

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2005 2:06:33 AM

On 5 Mar 2005 16:34:43 -0800, "Bob Lyon" <btlyon@comcast.net> wrote:

>I only have PCI slots available for a graphics card. Has anyone tried a
>card made for a PCI slot with Joint Operations? The game requirements
>mention AGP, but I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a PCI
>slotted card.

There isn't any reason why a PCI card shouldn't be able to run any modern
game. (Other than the fact that those PCI cards may be years out of date
and not have the required processing power.)

The two solutions: Get a better computer, or swap the mainboard with one
that supports AGP or PCI-E. (Max cost should be $300 for this change, but
you will have to spend extra to get a decent video card.)