Sign in with
Your question

Admin Change

Last response: in Windows 7
April 24, 2012 9:56:09 AM

Hello,

I wish to delete the current Admin acct. and make myself the new Admin. How do I do this?

Thanks

More about : admin change

a b $ Windows 7
April 24, 2012 10:25:27 AM

gsnopek said:
Hello,

I wish to delete the current Admin acct. and make myself the new Admin. How do I do this?

Thanks

first, you have to logon to the admin account and setup another admin account. If you can't logon to that account, don't ask how, as it is against forum rules to assist with bypassing passwords.
m
l
May 11, 2012 1:48:03 PM

Now Windows only recognizes one Admin. at a time. If you logon as Admin. you cannot delete yourself. If you create another Admin. acct., it only complicates the problem.

I see no way to transfer my user profile to the current existing Admin acct.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 11, 2012 2:12:40 PM

gsnopek said:
Now Windows only recognizes one Admin. at a time. If you logon as Admin. you cannot delete yourself. If you create another Admin. acct., it only complicates the problem.

I see no way to transfer my user profile to the current existing Admin acct.

How does it complicate things ? I have 3 admin accounts. And the reason being, if one logon should get corrupted or changed by some computer infection, I can use the other (s) to attempt correction of the problem.
m
l
May 22, 2012 4:26:17 AM

Thank you RoyMe. I opened User Accts. and I am the only user defined there. I must be missing something...I do still have an Admin Acct. on my logon screen.

I am often denied file/directory access due to some privilege conflict, even though I have given myself full permissions. Any thoughts on this?
m
l
!