v525 JavaGames - Advice

Now that I understand the basics of my new v525 I'm after a few extras ... I
see that to download games costs around £5 a shot, which I think is a little
extortionate, so here's what I am thinking ...

When I browse around on the net (through WAP) I can save any pictures or
music files to my phone and use them later ... I winder if this applies to
games, too. I would have thought so.

What I need then is to find a site that has Java games on it so that I can
test this theory.

Anyone any ideas on this?
5 answers Last reply
More about v525 javagames advice

    http://www.motclub.com/motomedia/categories.php?cat_id=30

    all those games can be transfered over to the v525 via bluetooth. some are
    the games are in spanish but u can work round the menus no probs....

    "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
    > Now that I understand the basics of my new v525 I'm after a few extras ...
    > see that to download games costs around £5 a shot, which I think is a
    little
    > extortionate, so here's what I am thinking ...
    >
    > When I browse around on the net (through WAP) I can save any pictures or
    > music files to my phone and use them later ... I winder if this applies to
    > games, too. I would have thought so.
    >
    > What I need then is to find a site that has Java games on it so that I can
    > test this theory.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas on this?

    Excellent news.

    So, how do I get them onto my phone?

    Is it a case of transferring every file inside the JAR file that I have
    downloaded?

    I've tried to transfer the JAR file which failed.

    I unpacked it and tried to transfer the contents (using r/click & SendTo),
    which failed and said that folders can be created in Bluetooth
    Naightbourhood. Trouble is, when I try to use the ODEX file thing, Explorer
    crashes?

    Any advice?

    > Excellent news.
    >
    > So, how do I get them onto my phone?
    >
    > Is it a case of transferring every file inside the JAR file that I have
    > downloaded?

    Drag & drop the .jar file onto OBEX Object Push in My Bluetooth Places

    >SA wrote:
    > I've tried to transfer the JAR file which failed.
    >
    > I unpacked it and tried to transfer the contents (using r/click &
    > SendTo), which failed and said that folders can be created in
    > Bluetooth Naightbourhood. Trouble is, when I try to use the ODEX file
    > thing, Explorer crashes?
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
    >> Excellent news.
    >>
    >> So, how do I get them onto my phone?
    >>
    >> Is it a case of transferring every file inside the JAR file that I
    >> have downloaded?

    Fantastic!

    Thanks dude!

Motorola Games