v525 JavaGames - Advice

Last response: in Brands
April 23, 2004 12:34:25 PM

Now that I understand the basics of my new v525 I'm after a few extras ... I
see that to download games costs around £5 a shot, which I think is a little
extortionate, so here's what I am thinking ...

When I browse around on the net (through WAP) I can save any pictures or
music files to my phone and use them later ... I winder if this applies to
games, too. I would have thought so.

What I need then is to find a site that has Java games on it so that I can
test this theory.

Anyone any ideas on this?

More about : v525 javagames advice

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 12:19:04 AM

http://www.motclub.com/motomedia/categories.php?cat_id=...

all those games can be transfered over to the v525 via bluetooth. some are
the games are in spanish but u can work round the menus no probs....

"SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
> Now that I understand the basics of my new v525 I'm after a few extras ...
> see that to download games costs around £5 a shot, which I think is a
little
> extortionate, so here's what I am thinking ...
>
> When I browse around on the net (through WAP) I can save any pictures or
> music files to my phone and use them later ... I winder if this applies to
> games, too. I would have thought so.
>
> What I need then is to find a site that has Java games on it so that I can
> test this theory.
>
> Anyone any ideas on this?

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 1:47:39 PM

Excellent news.

So, how do I get them onto my phone?

Is it a case of transferring every file inside the JAR file that I have
downloaded?
April 26, 2004 2:35:37 PM

I've tried to transfer the JAR file which failed.

I unpacked it and tried to transfer the contents (using r/click & SendTo),
which failed and said that folders can be created in Bluetooth
Naightbourhood. Trouble is, when I try to use the ODEX file thing, Explorer
crashes?

Any advice?

> Excellent news.
>
> So, how do I get them onto my phone?
>
> Is it a case of transferring every file inside the JAR file that I have
> downloaded?

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:42:28 PM

Drag & drop the .jar file onto OBEX Object Push in My Bluetooth Places

>SA wrote:
> I've tried to transfer the JAR file which failed.
>
> I unpacked it and tried to transfer the contents (using r/click &
> SendTo), which failed and said that folders can be created in
> Bluetooth Naightbourhood. Trouble is, when I try to use the ODEX file
> thing, Explorer crashes?
>
> Any advice?
>
> "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
>> Excellent news.
>>
>> So, how do I get them onto my phone?
>>
>> Is it a case of transferring every file inside the JAR file that I
>> have downloaded?
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 11:50:43 AM

Fantastic!